VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I'm trying to burn video to my computer using the JVC USB Windows driver that includes Image Mixer 1.7. but my computer doesn't recognize my camcorder. I've loaded the software as required but just don't undertstand why my computer isn't cooperating. My computer skills are very limited so please explain as if you are talking to a 6yr old who has no computer skills. All I want to do is convert my video tape moves from the subject camcoder to DVD discs. The computer I'm using has 160 GB hard drive, 512 MB memory, Windows XP Home addition with a Pentium 4. There is plenty of memory and space on this computer but the computer doesn't recognize the camcorder. Also I do not have a memory card so I use the USB connection. Please if anyone can send me step by step directions on how to burn DVD's from my digital video camera that would be great! Thanks in advance for your help! Keith
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    USB on this model camera is only useful for transferring low quality, low resolution video and stills. If you want to transfer your video for DVD encoding then you need to get yourself a firewire cable, and possibly a firewire card for your PC if it doesn't already have a firewire (or DV) port. This will allow you transfer the video at it's full resolution and quality.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the help I'll be buying a fire wire cable today. If you have any other tips please by all means fwd them my way. duck3932e1@yahoo.com. Thanks Keith
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use WinDV to transfer your footage.

make sure you have some spare disc space, as DV requires 13GB per hour of footage.

Buy yourself some editing software, as ImageMixer is pretty rubbishy. Look at either Ulead VideoStudio, Premiere Elements or Vegas Movie Studio.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote