VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am totally confused at this one DVD which I need to back up. When I insert the DVD in my Sony 300 Disc Changer, it shows the name of the movie but when I open video_ts.ifo with Titlewriter and View DVD Text, it shows "Title1" in the Name field which is the default.

Where is the movie name hidden then.

Here is the screen shot of Titlwriter:

Can some one please throw light on this.
    Thanks.

Subhash
    Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe it's getting it from the disc's volume label, try opening the disc with Isobuster. Or maybe the menu for that disc is in a different IFO, open it with VOBblanker and you'll see where the menu is.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm the Author of TW.

First you are using a really old ver. Consider upgrading

Your Screenshot does not Show a VOLUME: entry (Thats probably where the info is but with the wrong entry code) VOLUME: should always show for a "Proper" dvd_text segment
    If TitleWriter won't show it the DVD_TEXT segment is not Compliant.

To fix Get the dvd on your hard drive
    Open TW (Ver 4.21 is the newest) The GUI has changed considerably Open Help TW Help>>DVD_TEXT
    Use the Menu -- DVD_TEXT >>Delete The old DVD_TEXT segment TW will create a new clean Dummy
    Rename as you wish and save changes

I would be curious to see the video_ts.ifo file from this dvd -- you can attach it in this forum
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?p=531796#post531796
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nic2k4
    Maybe it's getting it from the disc's volume label, try opening the disc with Isobuster. Or maybe the menu for that disc is in a different IFO, open it with VOBblanker and you'll see where the menu is.
    Thanks for your reply. The disc's volume lable is DVD_VIDEO so that couldn't be the reason. I opened it with vobblanker and the menu is in video_ts.ifo only. I did not try with ISOBuster though...
    Thanks.

Subhash
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FallenAngel10
    I'm the Author of TW.

First you are using a really old ver. Consider upgrading

Your Screenshot does not Show a VOLUME: entry (Thats probably where the info is but with the wrong entry code) VOLUME: should always show for a "Proper" dvd_text segment
    If TitleWriter won't show it the DVD_TEXT segment is not Compliant.

To fix Get the dvd on your hard drive
    Open TW (Ver 4.21 is the newest) The GUI has changed considerably Open Help TW Help>>DVD_TEXT
    Use the Menu -- DVD_TEXT >>Delete The old DVD_TEXT segment TW will create a new clean Dummy
    Rename as you wish and save changes

I would be curious to see the video_ts.ifo file from this dvd -- you can attach it in this forum
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?p=531796#post531796
    Thanks FallenAngel for your reply. I have downloaded the new version but have not used it yet. I will wait for your findings on DVD_TEXT compliant issue before I do anything. I have attached the video_ts.ifo in the thread you suggested.

Please let me know what seems to be the problem. Do you think if I backup the DVD "as is", the backup copy will also show the Movie name in my DVD Changer ?
    Thanks.

Subhash
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FallenAngel, please check your PM.
    Thanks.

Subhash
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Subhash -- Does that text display in the jukes first or second line?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Subhash -- Does that text display in the jukes first or second line?
    In the first line.
    Thanks.

Subhash
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Subhash --Did you get the PM
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Subhash --Did you get the PM
    Yeah, got it. Check your email.
    Thanks.

Subhash
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank You Subhash -- This is the first Text Segment I've ever seen that supports more then 1 language (I was just guessing before as to how multi langusge DVD_TEXT was handled).
    I will fix on Next release.
    As to your question on "If its good" the answer is Yes DVD good-- Me Bad
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am not sure I understand what multi language DVD_TEXT means. The text that shows in my DVD player is in English only.

Can you please explain a little further.

Also, do I need to add DVD_TEXT before I burn it to a DVD9.
    Thanks.

Subhash
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dvd's can have multiple languages/menus -- its preset/or via DVD Player setup in your player as Default language --So DVD's That have the information built in will automatically start in your prefered DVD_TEXT,language,menu language.

This is the first DVD i've ever seen with such support.

I'm guessing that that dvd also has spanish menus. so the codes and strings for supposedly spanish DVD_TEXT are also present (Strangely enough the "Spanish" area of that DVD_TEXT is also in English).

All players I've tested will show DVD_TEXT for the first language present if the matching code is absent

Tw does not (and never will since its so rare) save with multiple language support (way to complicated)
    -- Doesn't mean I can't read in the DVD_TEXT for the first language encountered.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SubHash
    Just Uploaded Rev 4.31
    TW will now read the first DVD_TEXT LU (I hope -- No way for me to test)
    TW will still only save 1 LU of DVD_TEXT on SaveChanges (More seems a little silly -- since even on that dvd you have they only used 1 word over and over and over)
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FallenAngel,

I downloaded 4.31 and it loads the ifo OK and it shows the DVD TEXT against the entry Movie under Volume. There is nothing against Name under Volume. As a matter of fact the Name tag doesn't even appear. This text appears in Line 1 of the DVD Changer.

In the past versions, anything I entered against Name tag appeared in line 1 and anything entered against Movie tag appeared in line 2.

Why this text against Movie tag appears in line 1 ?
    Thanks.

Subhash
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Its a weird example -- I'd just click Volume --Select-- Name: and add edit the text. I'm reading what they show -- I'm now not so sure its "proper".
    The best way is to Just hit the Smiley icon with wings and redo it right --save changes
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK. Thanks a lot.
    Thanks.

Subhash
    Quote Quote