VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I'm completely new to this (which is probably going to become glaringly obvious ).

I downloaded a film (which is 1 hr 36 mins long) using Utorrent. I want to burn it to DVD so that I can watch it on my dvd player instead of on my computer. I'm using DVD Flick, once everything is set up and ready to go I click on create DVD and get the following message "There is not enough free space available on drive C to create your DVD. You need at least 10539 megabytes of free space available to be able to complete the encoding. Are you sure you want to continue".

I've cleaned up the C drive and there should now be plenty of room but I'm still having no luck. I assume if I click yes I still want to continue that my DVD won't encode properly and that I need to get more hard drive space for my comp?

I'd appreciate any help

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are your pc specs correct? It says your hard drive is 10gb.
    He's a liar and a murderer, and I say that with all due respect.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Embarrassingly I'm not sure if my pc specs are correct computer came from a friend who was moving abroad and didn't want to take the comp with him. How can I find out the size of the hard drive?

Hubby tells me that we have a 10gb hard drive which I think seems a bit small and if that is the case then I don't have enough space do I?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Click start/my computer/local disc, right click and select properties. If your HD is only 10gb then you won't have enough room.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I take it that the film is in AVI format ?

If so then just use ConvertxtoDVD which should turn your 700MB(ish) file into a 3-4GB DVD compliant set of files

You can then burn these to DVD (assuming you have a DVD burner and not a CD burner)

In total for this you need approx 6GB free space on your hard drive.
    Don't worry.......we'll be alright...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes the film is in AVI format and I have a both a DVD burner and a CD burner so ok on that score.

But sadly my hard drive isn't big enough Just looked and its 18.6gb and there's only 5.2gb of space left. So much for our "computer expert" mate telling us that we had enough space to do everything we wanted.

That'll be us off to get another hard drive then - any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anything else you can safely delete from HDD? and if so try DVD Flick for avi to DVD... but with 20 gig hdd, I doubt it.....
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have a spare USB2.0 port why not try an external HD

PCWorld seem to have these on offer every week

EDIT: - Try this link -> http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Hard+Drives/External/

Then all you need to do is point the output from DVDFlick at the external HD and never use any more space on C:

A damn site easier than installing a 2nd internal HD or "god-forbid" REPLACING C:

Worth a thought eh?
    Don't worry.......we'll be alright...
    Quote Quote