VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello there,

I've downloaded som full HD videomaterial (1080p) and would like to add subtitles to it. I use KMPlayer to play the video, and here I can also add an external subtitle-file. I have i fact found a subtitle file - I just need to know what program I can use to edit/synchronize/split the subtitles with so that i matches my videofile...??

Any Suggestions?

Regards

Martin
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You might check the forums at http://www.doom9.net where they have some very smart people who are doing a lot of interesting things with high definition rips. Look in the Decryption and the Subtitles forums as they are the places where you are most likely to find an answer to your question or find someone who can help you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Totaldental
    I've downloaded som full HD videomaterial (1080p) and would like to add subtitles to it. I use KMPlayer to play the video, and here I can also add an external subtitle-file. I have i fact found a subtitle file - I just need to know what program I can use to edit/synchronize/split the subtitles with so that i matches my videofile...??
    If it's a TV show, most likely it already have subtitles - however they are transmitted as closed captions and your player can't show them.

Check http://ccextractor.sourceforge.net

If there are closed captions there, ccextractor will be able to give you a .srt directly from your video file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use ProjectX (java app.) to rip subtitles for a 256 or 4 color SUB stream rip. This makes a DVD idx/sub file. To make them work for the converted (mkv I assume) file I use BDSup2Sub512 (also java app.) . Just open the idx in the BDSup2Sub512 app. and only set free adjust (window opens after the file is opened) to .5 for x and y. Then hit OK. Then select from the menu EDIT, Move All Captions (if the subtitles are not already in the correct screen position) to what you find the best place on the screen. After this click the button "Move All" You can see the results in the split screen per subtitle. When satisfied use FILE menu to export. Add this idx (keep the SUB file until after muxing the subtitles into the mkv) in MKVmerge GUI together with audio and video and mux away.
    Also SubtitleProcessor for SRT files is the best.
    Last edited by MPJKraak; 7th Sep 2014 at 07:23. Reason: Adding URL to BDSup2Sub512
    Quote Quote  
  5. I just need to know what program I can use to edit/synchronize/split the subtitles with so that i matches my videofile...??
    Subtitle Edit (danish by the way)
    Quote Quote