VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can someone tell me how to put videos in slow motion?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You have to be more specific here. Are you talking about a VHS?Beta video tape, a movie file, what sort of extension if it is a file? What video editing programs do you have?

With womble video wizard you can easily alter the speed faster or slower. That's what I use anyway. I'm sure there are many other programs that have that ability.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I usually use mpg files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you just want to play them in slow motion? If so Media Player classic can playe them in slow motion.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Slow motion is done by filming at a high frame rate, and playing it back at a lower.
    I think I've seen some app that "tweens" in frames in a video taken at regular frame rate, to make it pseudo slow mo - It's been discussed here some year ago I think.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yeah, that's what womble video wizard does Mats. Looks like he's not interested in a reply.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If your video is true interlaced (not telecined) you can slow it down twice by using smart bob function (Avisynth + LeakKernelDeint filter). This function creates a new frame from each of the fields. With assuming original framerate, the video becomes twice as long. Since in an interlaced video each field carries its own motion phase, the result can be close to fast filming.
    Quote Quote