VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i want to combine switched menu and motion,
    as the motion will change when the user will navigate between the buttons.
    is it possible?
    i read the "Switched menu" help files, and i couldnt find an answer.

and i have one more question:
    i know i cant add music track so that it continues through each menu change,
    but what if instead of clone menu to create switched menu - i'll clone cells?
    can i clone cells and make it a switched menu with one menu?

Thanks in advance!
    any help appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Switched menus can be still or motion - it makes no difference. A multi-cell motion menu still won't have continuous audio during switches, so it doesn't solve that problem. I haven't tried a multi-cell switched motion menu, so I don't know if you can add new clips in each cell, or if it has to be a continuous clip as with delayed cell menus. I suspect it is the latter.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. guns1inger, OK,
    thanks for postin man!

i've just compiled DVD with a switched menu with motion (i've created 5 sec of motion to each button and looped it), burnt it, and played it on my DVD Player,
    and it seems like i'm havin a problem navigate from one button to another,
    there's a huge(!!!) delay when i'm navigating from one button to another,
    somtimes it does'nt even respond to the remote's orders (or it's only seems like this because of the huge respond's delay)...

is there any way to fix this problem?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The problem with switched menus is that they have to seek and load a whole new menu page with each button change. Stills can be reasonably quick (and very responsive if done with cells), but if the motion clip is long or has 5.1 audio then you could get this problem. It can also be worse when played from an RW, as many players respond much more slowly when reading from them.

A quick read of the help file confirms that for motion menus, the video must span across all the cells. To do switched motion menus using cells you would have to edit all the video into a single clip and build from there. It should speed the movement up somewhat because you would be switching within a single clip, not seeking new clips.

The other thing to look at is the order in which the items are compiled and written to the disc. Look under Project_>Change order of items and make sure your menu items are grouped together, and in order.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. guns1inger,
    thanks for the great help!
    i never use RW for my videos,
    moreover, i used 2 channels audio to this specific project.

and you right about the order in which the items are compiled and written - it was all messed up!
    though i didnt touched anything on "Change order of items" before...
    i'll also try to create multi-cell switched menu,
    maybe it'll achieve smoother navigation as well...

i'll post the result later...
    meanwhile thanks man, you helped a lot!
    Quote Quote