VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My company president wants to have one disc, most likely a DVD that will contain:

3 video clips that last 6 minutes, 12 minutes and 22 minutes respectively.

1 powerpoint presentation that links to a 100Meg avi file.

Is this possible, and how do I do it? I already have the videos on my hard drive, ready to go.

I use DVDIt Pro to make my DVDs.

Please help, he needs it by this Wed. morning.

Thanks for any help!
    RobertUSM
    Digital Memories - Video Transfer to DVD
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Add all the clips in dvdit and convert to a DVD. You can convert the powerpoint to avi or dvd, google for powerpoint to avi or dvd and you will get 390343 methods.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, but he wants to control the powerpoint, not just let it run as a video.
    RobertUSM
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe http://www.ppt-to-dvd.com/ , it says that you can control the playback.

I assume you want a standard dvd-video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'll assume the opposite and expect that you want the DVD-Video to work universally, but the Powerpoint to work strictly on a Computer.
    Make you standard VIDEO_TS build with your authoring app.
    Then, add your "extras" folder(s) in with the burning. You may not be able to add this in the burning portion of DVD-It Pro (don't know if it has that capability), but if not, at least make the VIDEO_TS folder, then burn with IMGBurn (which DOES allow you to add extra folders).
    Don't add them to (or in any way alter) the VIDEO_TS folder (or AUDIO_TS for that matter), but add them as extra folders off the root.
    A correct DVD burning app should put the VIDEO_TS stuff at higher priority (1st/innermost on the disc) and the rest after/lower priority.
    Then, you'd just access the material on the disc like you would had it been on a CDROM. When you use it, make sure you aren't also running the usual DVDplayer app or they'll both be trying to access different sections of the disc at the same time!

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. I'll try that and get back to you on whether it works.

That's exactly what he wants to do.
    RobertUSM
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did it.

I created the DVD in DVDIt with a menu for the 3 video clips. Then I had it write the DVD volume on the hard drive.

Next I used Nero to burn the DVD. I dragged the prepared files into the Video_TS folder, created a new folder on the root called Presentations and dragged the PowerPoint files and associated small video clips into it.

I then burned the disc. I tried it in a standard DVD player and the DVD played and came up with the menu. Each video played when selected.

I took the DVD and put it into my computer. It played also, but I used Windows Explorer to look at the disc and opened the Presentations folder. I was able to run the PowerPoint presentations off the disc or drag the files into a folder on the hard drive.

Thanks for the help!
    RobertUSM
    Quote Quote