VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anybody know of a solution for this on the Mac side? I use MPEG Streamclip for MPEG-2 transport streams, but I don't know what to do with these. If somebody knows how to demux into raw format (i believe .264 or something like that) then I think I can mux into a MPEG-4 container.

Anyway, thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi, Maddux

I've never seen a H264 transport stream, so maybe I'm wrong here.
    If your file opens with QuickTime Player, then you can open it also with SimpleMovieX, and if it contains H264 and AAC audio, then you can save it back to MP4 container with plain Save As command.

Again, I don't know if it works as those H264 transport stream are not familiar to me.
    Keep me posted about how it went.

Regards, BJ
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SimpleMovieX didn't work. Actually it won't open in Quicktime Player either. ACTUALLY, I can't open them in OSX at all. (Even VLC doesn't like them.) At first I thought the files were bad, but Media Player Classic and Zoomplayer (man I wish they had an OSX version), both Windows programs, handle them just fine. I did figure out how to demux then remux into .mp4. Using four different programs actually: 1)Demux Video (mencoder), 2)Demux Audio (ProjectX), 3)Convert from ac3 audio to mp4 complaint aac (MeGUI), 4)Mux into mp4 container (YAMB or MeGUI both work, YAMB was a little faster). Overall it was a big pain in the butt.

The problem now is that I can't quite get the sound to sync right when I mux them back together.

Nothing is easy.

Anyway, I still haven't found options for all of this in OSX, which is my primary OS, and it makes everything even more of a pain to switch over to Windows for all this.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AeroQ,

Where are you in Spain? TV3 is currently broadcasting h.264 TDT test broadcasts in Catalunya.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm in Cerdanyola.
    How can I receive the h264TDT ?
    Channel? Frequency?

By the way, with SimpleMovieX you can resynchronize the audio.
    Open the mp4 container, open the Tools pane, Audio, and play with it.

Regards, BJ
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VisualHub will accept H.264 progressive .ts files. You can then trancode them to:

MP4 TAB with H.264 for a mp4 container with AAC audio (Perhaps even a conversion to mp4/MOV container with no transcoding with both video and audio passthru set in Advanced Settings), or,

if they contain AC3 audio (5.1) use the iTunes TAB with AppleTV 5.1 + 2.0 settings to transcode them to MOV with both an AC3 and AAC track for audio compatibility (at AppleTV spec limitations; or carefully use the Advanced Settings to exceed AppleTV spec limitations) or the iTunes Tab with AppleTV 5.1 for just an AC3 track in MOV (again at AppleTV spec limitations [720p25 or 540p30 at 5Mbps] or advanced settings to exceed them).

You can then edit them in QuickTime Pro.

I'll be more experienced at this once I receive my Hauppauge HD-PVR later today. You can follow my experiences on the VisualHub forum:

http://www.isquint.org/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=15;t=5990

and another thread here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=13995795
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A general tip regarding MP4 files - Avoid encoding then with Variable Bit Rate. This will cause a lot of misery if you try to use them in other applications which tend to choke on VBR MP4 files.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Glad I learned about SimpleMovieX here; it looks awesome!
    Quote Quote