VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to "demux" an old vob file that I stored on an archive disc, so it will load into DVDAuthor. I've tried both DVD Decrypter, and VOB2MPG (BadgerIT), but both of them require the vob file to be nested within a VIDEO_TS directory with an IFO image file. I managed a workaround, by renaming and swapping vob files in a hard drive directory, then using Nero to write them to a blank DVD, then using VOB2MPG. But, my system didn't like that "forced" approach, it gave me "virtual memory is low" error messages, and it took more than an hour for a short file.

Is there any simple way to demux a "naked" vob file on a hard drive (which will play properly, with sound, on a player such as PowerDVD) to create a mpeg, m2v, or similar demuxed video file? If so, what software? Or, if DVD Decrypter will do it, what settings or steps to I need to use?

BTW, I do NOT want to go through an avi conversion (using Flask, etc), and then have to go through a compression step. That leads to losses. I want a clean and lossless conversion, via a simple demux.

Can anyone help? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try DGIndex (distributed as a part of DGmpgDec). Two steps - for audio (select audio/output method/demux tracks => file/demux audio only), then video (file/save project and demux video).
    Quote Quote