VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Real noob here trying to figure out why when I DL an xvid file that a Video TS folder isn't created.
    I have learned that it is better to just burn an xvid file (providing stand-alone player is capable) rather than converting it to DVD format from a quality standpoint. I got that part of it, but I am confused on burning the file. I burned the file as a data disk in NERO. How do I create chapters and such? Would that be authoring? I have IMG burn(haven't figured it out yet).NERO which I really don't like and VSO's convertXtoDVD which I use, but don't need it to convert xvids because my stand alone is capable. I am assuming that DL xvid files won't automatically create an Video TS folder. IMG burn should be able to burn the file to the disk but I cant figure it out. Is there decent freeware that will enable me to author the file as well? Any help would be appreciated .
    Thanks....Crowheart
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The Video_ts folder is only for dvd-video and xvid files are not any dvd-video. If you want menus and don't want to convert you need a divx ultra certified dvd player and then author with a divx authoring tool like divx author, tmpgenc dvd author 3, divxmediabuilder.

edit: i'm not sure if it will work to put xvid files in those authoring tools though...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your response. Is Imgburn only capable of handling DVD files then? If not how would I burn an xvid file using Imgburn? Sorry for all the noob questions.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ImgBurn can burn any kind of data to a disk. But if you want a Video DVD, you have to prepare that data first (using an authoring app, that mostly expects mpg file(s) as source, so if you start with an XviD, you have to encode that to mpg first of all).
    If your player plays AVI DivX/Xvid you can burn your AVI with ImgBurn as it is.
    Seems like you'd be using convertx2dvd for your AVI to DVD needs. It takes care of the whole process from almost any format to ready Video DVD.
    And before anyone comes here to recommend WinAVI as a substitute for convertx2dvd - Don't listen. WinAVI is (and has always been) crap - possibly the worst commercial offering in software history.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I guess my problem is I can't figure out how to burn the xvid file in Imgburn(my stand-alone can play xvids-so I don't need to convert). I would ultimately like to get rid of NERO even as a NOOB I can see that it is problematic. I was hoping Img burn was a solution.

Thanks...Crowheart
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Start ImgBurn, hit CTRL+alt+B, drag the file into ImgBurn and hit the burn button.
    He's a liar and a murderer, and I say that with all due respect.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for all of your help guys....

Crowheart....
    Quote Quote