VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if money wasn't an issue what would you get?

dvd decrypter + anydvd
    or
    dvdfab

or get dvdfab AND anydvd?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    RipIt4Me or DVDFab Decrypter, or for older encryption, DVD Decrypter.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i currently use dvd decrypter

but should i start using dvdfab because of all these new protections out there? will it decrypt sony's protection schemes? i only copy main movie btw
    should i get anydvd anyways so i can play dvds with different region codes? i use VLC for my video player
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use anydvd and dvd decrypter.Dvdfab decrypter wasn't available when updates to dvd decrypter were stopped.If $40 to buy anydvd is a money issue,i'm sure there would be more important things to spend it on.
    bmiller,ont.canada
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink most of the time for backups. But if you come across a newer Sony DVD, you will have to use DVD Fab or RipIt4Me to back them up. DVD Decrypter can't do them and is no longer being developed. And RipIt4Me is now the same. I haven't tried AnyDVD.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    so might as well just use dvdfab already to replace dvd decrypter? since it both does the thing i want it to... which is copy main movie.. also dvdfab cant do the ISO thing like dvd decrypter can?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use dvdfab decrypter,but keep it up to date,as there are updates every week or two.I'haven't used it but i know others who have.They then have to use dvdshrink,clonedvd or the software of their choice to crunch it to the proper size for a single layer dvd,if needed, that is.The other option is burn to dual layer disc.If money is an issue,dual layer burning isn't an option.
    bmiller,ont.canada
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hmm
    does anydvd remove the Arccos protection?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes and keeps geting updated to handle the new[/quote]
    The Second Amendment:
    AMERICA'S ORIGINAL
    HOMELAND SECURITY
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Why pay for something when there are free tools to do it

I've never even had Anydvd on any of my pc's.

All i've ever used to back up any current new disc is DVDFab Decrypter (Which also get's constantly updated for newer protections as they come out), Ripit4me & DVD Decrypter.

And if you want to give your $$ to someone, Support & give it to someone that actually gives you free tools to backup newer protections, DVDFab Platinum (like DVDFab Decrypter but with more options and the capability to convert to other formats) & DVDIdle Pro (basically the same thing as anydvd)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AnyDVD + DVD Decrypter or better yet, Clone DVD 2 (since price is not an issue). This combo stuttered for about 24 hours when the new ARCCOS protection came out on Stealth. It was updated in about a day and has never blipped since then. Traditionally, AnyDVD is the most reliable way to break encryption processes and it can be used with Recode, DVD Shrink, etc., etc.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    so anydvd+dvd decrypter?

i tried dvdfab.. didnt like it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jamescardenas07
    so anydvd+dvd decrypter?

Eh, brah why you wanna pay for one program when you get stuff that is free to use. I've always used freebies like DVDSHRINK, DVDFAB DECRYPTER, old DVD DECRYPTER & RIPIT4ME. Fo spend $40.00 on ANYDVD is crazy. What's not to like about DVDFAB DECRYPTER? It's updated to keep up wit them new copy encryptions. Only dvd program I paid fo was DVD REBUILDER PRO.

By the way you from Kauai so you can understand my pidgeon language hah! Latas das my 2 cents brah!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would buy anydvd which I did, and use dvdshrink which is free like i do. DVDfab will not run at the same time with anydvd. So that knocks one of your choices out. I have dvdfab platinum and it does not works as good as anydvd and shrink in my opinion.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budz
    so anydvd+dvd decrypter?

Eh, brah why you wanna pay for one program when you get stuff that is free to use. I've always used freebies like DVDSHRINK, DVDFAB DECRYPTER, old DVD DECRYPTER & RIPIT4ME. Fo spend $40.00 on ANYDVD is crazy. What's not to like about DVDFAB DECRYPTER? It's updated to keep up wit them new copy encryptions. Only dvd program I paid fo was DVD REBUILDER PRO.

By the way you from Kauai so you can understand my pidgeon language hah! Latas das my 2 cents brah!
    ROFL nice man
    imma use anydvd + decrypter tho
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok i got anydvd..
    so do you guys always have it on autostart?
    any settings i should tweak?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Turn autostart off. Why have it autostart? Unless the first thing you do when you turn your comp on is decrypt movies.. No tweakin necesary. It works great just like it is.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks!
    also when an update is available do i have to uninstall the current anydvd version or can i just overwrite?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just over write it. You can also use the ripper built in AnyDVD.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok i got anydvd..
    so do you guys always have it on autostart?
    any settings i should tweak?
    You'll love it. Nice thing with AnyDVD is that you can use pretty much any program with it that you want (except Ripit4Me and DVDFab). Works great with DVD Decrypter, CloneDVD 2, Recode, DVD Shrink, even DVD Rebuilder for ripping, compressing and burning. I prefer to use the previously mentioned over Ripit4me and DVDFab cuz I can saved a burnable image on my PC when I'm finished and burn when I get around to it. I guess it's not much different than burning the VIDEO TS and AUDIO TS files, but it just seems so much cleaner and easier to organize.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by boldego
    There is no built in ripper. I have version 6.1.4.3. What are you talking about?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by buttzilla
    There is no built in ripper. I have version 6.1.4.3. What are you talking about?
    Read some guide's, post's or release notes..then maybe you'll get it

https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=1700536#1700536

:P
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just right click on the anydvd icon and you will see an option to rip. I've never used it for some reason but lately, have been wondering why not. For a long time now, all that I use is anydvd in the background and dvd decrypter.

For you guys who have experience using anydvd, is there any reason that you wouldn't just use it to rip your dvds?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    From what I understand, at least in previous versions, dedicated ripping programs do/did a better job of cleaning up DVD structures than the built-in AnyDVD Ripper did. I know CloneDVD 2 will "clean truncated files" and DVD Decrypter "inserts dummy sectors where necessary". While I really don't know what that means....... I know that it sounds pretty cool and gives me the impression that these programs give me a little better output.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck
    Originally Posted by buttzilla
    Read some guide's, post's or release notes..then maybe you'll get it

https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=1700536#1700536

:P
    I've been using this program for a couple years now and never noticed theis feature. I have always used it with Shrink.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck
    All i've ever used to back up any current new disc is DVDFab Decrypter (Which also get's constantly updated for newer protections as they come out), Ripit4me & DVD Decrypter.
    Still looking for that last ver. 2.21 of the PSL2 script by the Mad Monk. Ver. 2.14 (and a few earlier ones) are findable, ver. 2.19 is findable, but they've done a major and very successful disappearing act on 2.21. This is despite some deep searching, with every well-known search engine, foreign language sites included. I'm a completist, though, and it really pisses me off when this sort of thing happens, so I won't stop until I find it !
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47
    Still looking for that last ver. 2.21 of the PSL2 script by the Mad Monk.
    Check your PM's
    Quote Quote