VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Lately I've noticed my recordings from my Hard disc drive to DVD-R disc contain freezes or pauses for about 10 to 15 seconds. This may happen once to 3 times per movie.
    The disc is playing and all of a sudden it just stops for say 10 seconds, while the counter continues, and then restarts playing. It's like the pause button was pressed and then released. It does it on all 4 DVD players I've tried.
    I ve noticed it from HBO and Shotime movies I have put on disc from the HDD recording.

Has anyone had a similiar experience. I would say copy protection but it's so random and may happen only once on a 2 hour movie...and I'm not sure they use CP all the time if any. It's just started in the last month.
    My recorder is a Pioneer 640H-s and I use only Taiyo Yuden G02 8X -R discs.
    Any input greatly appreciated.
    NL

edit...I just realized that this happens while watching running the output of my Sat thru /to the DVD Recorder input to Receiver to TV. I dont have to record to disc...it's happening while watching HBO, Showtime in real time. Just had one while watching Shotime now. About 15 seconds. So it's not anything to do with the recording to disc..
    Looks like I'm the only one so far. Maybe unique to my setup.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Stumped the panel with this one I guess.
    72 looks and not a single idea...I just so enjoy having situations that no one else has had. Or maybe they have...
    I'll give DishNet Tech a call and see if they have a clue. Might get lucky and get a tech that knows his job.
    If I find the cause I'll post it so if someone else runs into the same problem they will have some info with a search.

NL
    Quote Quote  
  3. That is what I would do. In another forum, another person was complaining about audio problems in his recordings. It was the cable companies problem and they admitted it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You are seeing interruptions in the transmission of the encoded program. Probably due to a bandwidth problem somewhere between HBO or showtime and your TV set.

My son-in-law has Comcast Digital Cable and in a town where there appears to be overloading. He sees this offen on his on-demand service as well as premiums.

Your sattelite carrier is using similar technolgoy, whether they can or will do anything about it is a question of whether they know they have a problem and whether it is possible to solve it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks guys. Now to get my question prepared correctly and hope for an experienced Tech. I have hung up and re-called to get one with more knowledge.
    Anyway Strange it only happens on the premium channels and appears only on the East feeds.
    Example: HBO/ Showtime East = freezes.
    HBO 2 East / West /Showtime 2 = no problems.

Maybe a receiver switchout since I'm using a 1999 JVC model 4900 (made in USA)...it's the one that takes forever to download the guide every 4 hours when advancing forward.
    Wonder if they would switch me out? I would want my 5.1 Digital output though and dont know if the basic models have that feature.

trhouse, oldandinthe way...thanks again for the advice and info.
    Regards,
    NL
    Quote Quote