VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys,

Hoping some computer video guru can help me out.

I've got an old Dell 266 CPi that I'd like to use to play videos on my 27 inch LCD TV. I tried a RGB cable from the 15 pin video output to the YPbPr1 input in the back of the tv, but that failed because my old laptop couldn't generate enought screen resolution (1320 or somesuch was required).

What I was wondering was can I generate (somehow) a straight 480i output that I can just plug into the Svideo input, and use the Red/Yellow/White inputs?

IF so, can use a cable only? Do I need some kind of converter?

THANKS GANG!

Hal
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Might be easier to dig up and older AGP or PCI (whatever type the Dell uses) video card. Many have video ouput (often S-Video on the older cards) for input into a TV.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hal05154

I've got an old Dell 266 CPi that I'd like to use to play videos on my 27 inch LCD TV. I tried a RGB cable from the 15 pin video output to the YPbPr1 input in the back of the tv, but that failed because my old laptop couldn't generate enought screen resolution (1320 or somesuch was required).

That is a very weak computer for playing video. High def playback is out of the question.

SD maybe can work using 640x480 or 800x600 desktops out the S-Video connector (~400 lines of horizontal resolution).

Check your TV manual for accepted desktop resolutions for VGA. Try 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x768. These may work but playing a video with a 266MHz CPU will be difficult.
    Quote Quote