VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone, I am new here!

I have a macbook and I want to make a DVD with chapters and greek subtitles.

My first trial was to add subtitles in the avi’s I wanted with ffmpegX and then make my movie in iDVD. But there are problems.
    When I try to add greek subtitles in ffmpegX, I load them and I use the FONT STheiti and the encoding UT8. In he preview everything is just fine, but then, when I play the new file with quicktime, there are no subtitles, just some str8 lines.

Notice that I tried almost every choice, many different kind of outputs , vob subs, burn subs, .idx, .srt, encode with QT, encode with Mplayer… EVERYTHING.

After that I followed the HOW-TO section to make a DVD with subtitles, and it worked! But there is a problem too. I burn the VIDEO_TS with TOAST 7, and it works, but I want 4 or 5 VIDEO_TS in the same DVD. All the methods that I found in the forum, lose the menus, thus, I lose my subtitles. PLEASE help me!

Thank you in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD2OneX a.k.a. DTOX has a function to merge several VIDEO_TS folders. Not sure if that does all that you want it to do, tho'.
    Quote Quote