VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone!

I have two questions regarding DVD-Lab Pro and I would appreciate if someone could help me. First of all, I have a menu with three buttons, each one linked to a different movie. The menu has 2 cells, the buttons appearing in the second cell only.

Question #1) When a movie ends, I would like to come back to the cell #2 of the menu and not cell #1. How can I do that?

Question #2) I used the "inverse selection" trick for the menu. My menu background is white, I have 3 objects incrusted in the background and 3 white rectangles (buttons) over those objects. I followed the procedure on the DVD-Lab website and everything works fine except this : the two buttons that are visible are not completely white, but rather light gray, so we see the buttons, while I don't want to see those. I made sure that the color mapping in DVD-Lab is pure white and fully opaque for the normal state and fully transparent for selected state. I joined a capture screen of the problem to this message. The gray shades are different depending if I'm playing the video on my PC or living room dvd player. Plus, it happened once that the buttons where fully white on my living room player, I ejected the disc to try it again, and it never worked again. I have the feeling that the dvd player has an impact on this problem. Can somebody help me on this one?

Thanks a lot guys!

main.dvd

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by main.dvd
    Question #1) When a movie ends, I would like to come back to the cell #2 of the menu and not cell #1. How can I do that?
    In the Pre Commands of your menu, add the following 2 lines (assuming you did not use GPRM0 for anything else)

if (gprm0 == 1) LinkCN 2 (button 0)
    GPRM0 = 1

Originally Posted by main.dvd
    Question #2) I used the "inverse selection" trick for the menu. My menu background is white, I have 3 objects incrusted in the background and 3 white rectangles (buttons) over those objects. I followed the procedure on the DVD-Lab website and everything works fine except this : the two buttons that are visible are not completely white, but rather light gray, so we see the buttons, while I don't want to see those. I made sure that the color mapping in DVD-Lab is pure white and fully opaque for the normal state and fully transparent for selected state. I joined a capture screen of the problem to this message. The gray shades are different depending if I'm playing the video on my PC or living room dvd player. Plus, it happened once that the buttons where fully white on my living room player, I ejected the disc to try it again, and it never worked again. I have the feeling that the dvd player has an impact on this problem. Can somebody help me on this one?
    I suspect this is due to "valid" safe colors (in your case for white). What software did you use to produce the background image -- try making the white background 235,235,235 (instead of 255,255,255).

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow! Thanks a lot George! Both of your solutions worked!

Thanks for your quick and complete answer!

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, I have a small problem which is adding a reference in animated MENU and making a link with the ROOT MENU is already programmed and configured, which is related to the cells. Well, I read in some forum and said command code must be put as was done with the MENU ROOT, but changing the GPRM and number, in that part if I did until I made a loop in the cell MENU additional. Good thing I have no problems in the ROOT MENU, but the problem is that I have additional animated MENU MENU can be an extra, or MENU chapters, etc., which when executed by clicking on the link from the ROOT MENU MENU towards additional animated, everything is fine until the execution still makes the loop in the cell that has been indicated. But to return additional animated MENU to the ROOT MENU and return to do the same process, it jumps to the cell indicated but not performed my animation, this part is good so you do not get tired of waiting to appear buttons selection after the animation, but for me I do not want to be so, it is quite normal, since the execution of the animation to loop the cell and when you return to the ROOT MENU and then run again, let the same process and that does not jump to the indicated cell. The question is: How would that ?. That command code must employ ?. Or the code that was used to ROOT MENU will have to modify it ?.

I await your prompt help in solving this little problem.

Sorry my bad English XD...
    Last edited by kirous; 1st Nov 2014 at 22:17. Reason: Another problem
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just guessing, that sometimes, you want to jump to cell 1 and sometimes to cell2.

It is all controlled by that GPRM0 value, if you want to jump to cell1 again you just have to set GPRM0 to zero (non 1 value) somewhere along the way, after clicking a button, or in some pre-command section ...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Well, the trouble is that in the GPRM0 is for ROOT MENU and that programming is OK. But the problem is the submenu (VTS MENU) connected, why when you enter the Sub-menu animation runs in cell 1 and cell 2 LOOP is done and when you return to the ROOT MENU and rerun SUBMENU the same process is done, I will not jump to cell 2, but that I reboot again the cell 1 and cell 2 then the LOOP, and so on.

Clarified that if you say in cell 2 put option "LOOP CELL" when LOOP is started, the animation stops per millisecond, and that does not want to happen.

Note the case of DVD ORIGINAL TRANSFORMERS 1, language selection as its function is performed. And so I want you to do me for that VTS MENU (SUB MENU)

I leave some images as it is structured and scheduled. As long as topology and SUB MENU.

01.- topology

Click image for larger version

Name:	01 TOPO.png
Views:	334
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	28336

02.- SUBMENU - REGISTER

Name:	02 SUBMENUREGISTER.png
Views:	223
Size:	276.3 KB
ID:	28337

03.- SUBMENU - VM COMMAND (PRE COMMANDS)

Name:	03 SUBMENUCODE.png
Views:	263
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	28338

I await your prompt response and thanks for the help.

Sorry my bad english XD...
    Quote Quote  
  7. each menu has to be programmed separately,
    root menu has for example dedicated GPRM0 to jump to conditionally cell2,
    but when you want to program the same thing in submenu, you have to dedicate different GPRM and control that upon entering submenu,

so again a bit differently,
    in pre-command section for submenu I can see link to cell1 if GPRM0 is 0, so first, you perhaps use the same GPRM as for root menu, and secondly, link to first cell makes no sense also, you want sometimes to link cell 2 depending what is in that GPRM, because cell1 comes naturally as first , you do not have to link to cell1

not sure what you want to loop or not, usually you want to loop the middle, cell2 and after buttons are selected you just play cell3 and jump somewhere else ...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    My apologies, I made a serious mistake in saying that I have created two cells, if there were 3 cell that was created for the VTS ROOT MENU and MENU (submenu). Well the fact is the following:

The ROOT MENU contains as buttons PLAY AND EPSISODE, which this MENU, is registered as GPRM0, which I have set as value 1 and cell 3, for which the schedule for the ROOT MENU on the VM so COMMAND:

If (GPRM0 == 1) LinkCN 3 (button 0)
    GPRM0 = 1

And for the VTS MENU (SUB MENU) contains the episodes as link and a button to return the ROOT MENU, which is registered as GPRM1, which started as a value of 2 and cell 3, whereby the programming for the VTS MENU (SUB MENU) in the VM so COMMAND:

if (GPRM1 == 2) LinkCN 3 (button 0)
    GPRM1 = 2

This VTS MENU, I just want to do a restart in animation, when returning from the VTS to the ROOT MENU MENU. And again select "EPISODE" button and so on. Besides also the third cell is repeated infinitely.

Rather I was thinking of creating a VTS MENU (SubMenu2) more like a replica. In this menu, the party would only cell with the SUB MENU buttons and repeat episodes. The problem is, as you would for the third cell is repeated infinitely without the need to use the "LOOP CELL" option, putting the code in the VM COMMANDS?

Hopefully this well, the part of the schedule and registration. And the problem of repetition of the loop in the cell 3. It would be nice to give me a guide. Thanks for responding earlier, but if I had some errors in the description. With this I hope you can understand.

Sorry my bad english XD...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Hello again, and look for the solution to this problem. Thanks for the help.

Rather I have another problem, but almost reached the end.

Look, here is a picture:

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	29930

Within this topology:
    VMG = DOLBY
    MOVIE 1 = TRAILER
    MOVIE 2 = MOVIE
    VTS ROOT = MAINMENU (BUTTONS PLAY and CHAPTERS)
    VTS 2 = MAINMENUOP (BUTTONS PLAY and CHAPTERS)
    VTS 3 = CHAPTERS

I'm working with the "LINKPGCN" command to call a "VTS" and is almost similar to the programming of the cells.

The good news is that with this configuration, in both PC Media Player Classic and CyberLink PowerDVD 8 me works perfectly and smoothly on what the "TITLE Button" and the "MENU Button", but instead on a DVD player Normal. Just run one "MOVIE" seen in the topology, when you return to the menu and returns press any of the buttons (TITLE and MENU BUTTON), goes in either "MOVIE".

Well here's configuration:

Here it is on the "SHOW PGC" tool

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	29933

Here programming:

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	29934

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	29935

I do not know if I can say what is wrong and I can solve this problem in detail. Sorry my Bad English XD... and once again thanks for the help.
    Last edited by kirous; 27th Jan 2015 at 14:06. Reason: error picture
    Quote Quote  
  10. before any attempts to do some scripting I'd reorganized that structure, it looks kind of messy, I'd make it easier for any player, maybe that will solve your problem right there

-put that trailer into VMGM or another VTS, do not keep it in the same VTS like your main title is in
    -not sure, why there are two play-chapter menus, that one, kind of main one, again not sure why it is there, I'd get it out of the way also, by putting it into VMGM
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Hello again, well, I've structured topology, there is a part that told me to put it in the TRAILER VMG or VTS. In VMG is ok, but in a VTS? A button to go to the Main Menu, which will not work without a button is needed, and worst case I can not use the "RENDER MOTION", as it is a 5 minute video.

Now in the Main Menu I have linked to a VTS, and you said to put a VMG, that thing that there are problems in connecting and encoding of a VTS ROOT to a VMG MENU, and that makes me more laborious and very difficult to so, instead a VTS MENU, if you can, since I have tools available to put as connection or coding.

topology:

Name:	TOPO01.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	29975

MAIN MENU (code)

Name:	TOPO02 - PROMAIN.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	29976

MAIN MENU OPTIONAL

Name:	TOPO03 - PROMAINOP.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	29977

Another thing, if I put a VMG menu for the "chapters" in "MOVIE", I have divided into "chapters", as seen here in the picture.

Name:	TOPO04 - MOVIESUBDIVI.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	29978

The trouble is that when you link with chapters, does not leave me time that has divided the chapters in "MOVIE" is displayed only the beginning.

Now I've changed the VTS by VMG for TRAILER, and have changed the programming in the COMMAND (PRE COMMAND). So you can see if it's right or not, or what is missing (The first image and two others.).

What does the biggest problem is when I go to the main menu either buttons (TITLE or MENU BUTTON), in that part all OK, that is first directed to ROOT and then the VTS, but enough that the film starts and return back to the menu and retighten the TITLE or MENU button returns back to the movie where he was playing, he is not in the same MAINMENUOP, unless the MENU or TITLE button is pressed again.

Overall is summarizing the movie, and I do not want it that way, I want only that directs me to MAINMENUOP either buttons (MENU or TITLE BUTTON) simultaneously.

To be honest, I'm doing a similar menu TRANSFORMERS 4. Do not tell me I'm attempting to be illegal against the material, but if you already own some DVD that same structure.

It would be good, do me the structure and coding using a chart and explained like a guide, I'd appreciate it.... Sorry my Bad English

PS: who are registered'll be fine as long as the VTS ROOT (MAIN MENU) and VTS MENU 2 (MAIN MENU OPTIONAL)?
    Quote Quote  
  12. I try to understand but not sure, why would you try to press title or menu buttons while being in menu,

otherwise not sure why it runs ok first time and second time does not, maybe a quirk of your player, above you said that software players are ok ...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Look, my DVD is a SONY DVP-K80P, and all DVD's that have put and I created the DVD LAB PRO, has had no problem playing it.

The last time I commented on the problem of cells, and then the problem that the sub menu encouraged to have the same coding as the ROOT is not restarted. But looking information that finally found the solution given.

Now not get more details, and not much I do not understand. The question is:

As would create one similar to menu TRANSFORMERS 4.

Which, I guess I containing: A VMG to start (LOGO) a VTS ROOT MENU and is linked with a normal VTS. And the other menus are VTS apart from the movie.

And I guess this is how the modified topology. Except for TRAILER menu.

Most importantly encoding commands and the site to be put. Just that coding is correct, any player can read.

Hopefully you can make a guide or rather the final structure, with all the coding and graphics similar to the DVD menu TRANSFORMERS 4. That there is no longer with cells if not with a VTS Normal joined the ROOT MENU. And always when to press the MENU or TITLE button several times always going to VTS Normal as a VTS ROOT.

Sorry my Bad English... and THANX XD
    Quote Quote  
  14. look at this project, there is all files, VIDEO_TS and even DVDlabpro project, so you can download that and test it yourself,
    that is how I would set it up:
    (I forgot to delete that default title VMGM menu, so you can delete it and go from first play to Dolby-Movie2 clip right away)

Name:	connection_window.JPG
Views:	294
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	29992
    Last edited by _Al_; 3rd Feb 2015 at 01:17.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Whilst in any menu the push of the Root Menu button will do a Resume. This is normal and often locked out with PUOs. It's like an invisible Resume button. The push of the Title Menu button will either call the Title Menu or Resume as well (unless prohibited). In a software player such as PowerDVD this can be executed by pressing L and then selecting Resume.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, I served on the part of the FIRST PLAY, but what is in the ROOT MENU, but you do put one VTS, what should be 2 menus connected and codified in the VM COMMAND as I mentioned earlier.

Rather, it was investigating the commands to improve my project, and come to this conclusion as shown in the image:

Name:	IMG01.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	215.3 KB
ID:	30090

This makes me either the execution to go to the main menu and then the optional menu, pressing the Menu or Title button.

AH !, What if I did not say is that within each menu put music to both the main menu and the other optional. Imagine is an animated menu.

Other have also cloned the ROOT Menu, and as seen in the picture above this as "MAINMENU A". With this, I thought it was going alright, but not in coding everything is ok, only made me a summary in the film when I press a second time either MENU or TITLE buttons.

The Skiller friend said something to the ban on VTS, movie, etc. The only thing that has worked for me is if the box "RESUME". But the trouble if predicament for the second time either MENU or TITLE buttons is disabled. Suffice to different button is pressed but not the same, rerun the optional menu, as well as playing PING PONG.

If any box other than "Resume", what should be.

MAINMENU

Name:	IMG02.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	302.6 KB
ID:	30091

MAINMENU A

Name:	IMG03.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	295.9 KB
ID:	30092

Another thing that was watching, is about links containing the ROOT VTS Menu and Menu option, do not stay in place when handled. For example, when the link is up and down, when entering the menu option automatically sets this up, do not stay in the position has been desired. It would be good, that command can add or create a VM COMMAND to remain in the desired position.

//MAIN MENU LINK UP//

Name:	IMG04.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	30093

//MAIN MENU LINK DOWN//

Name:	IMG05.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	30094

//MAIN MENU A (OPTIONAL) LINK UP//

Name:	IMG06.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	30095

A crazy idea would be that if you can restart a cell, for example, I think three cells, the first cell is the INTRO, the second is the appearance of the selection buttons (PLAY and CHAPTERS) and the third I put an animation apart of the radio buttons, you can copy and paste. Now in the third cell animation starts from zero minutes to finish, say, ending the thirty minute and then restart again (LOOP) and so constantly 0 minutes.

When I did so, it automatically gathered the minutes with the above cells, that is, when it reaches the third cell is not put to zero minutes if there continued to follow the minutes until the end and then restarted according to the encoding to since.

The question is: Is that possible to do? You can create a VM COMMAND ?, and if so, as you would? ..

Here a picture for you to understand better:

Name:	IMG07.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	30096

Well, hopefully you can help me on this, much like you and also the friend Skiller, thanks anyway. Sorry My Bad English XD
    Quote Quote