VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok here is my question. Hope someone can help. I have a 6.7GB data dvd. I was able to rip to the HD. I need it to be DVDROM. I used IMGBURN to burn it changing the book type to DVDROM on my Lite On LH-20A1H burner. Using sony DVD+R DL. I waisted 3 blanks, no luck. It says that it's not a dvdrom. What am I doing wrong. Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try diff. media . IMO,as well as others only Verbatim or TY for DL backups.....Are you using IMGBurn in build mode? but being a data DVD,you should be able to burn with Nero.....
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1780
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no when I borrowed the dvd i ripped it with IMGBURN as an ISO image. Shall I open it up and re-build it? Thanks for trying to help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think if you used nero burning rom and chose the DVD-Rom(udf) setting you would have no problem. this is the setting I use for data dvd. I'm not sure if you can do it with imgburn. I do use it but i only use it for burning iso images. I have not experimented enough with it to know all its tricks yet.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have nero but I figured that IMGBURN could work. Any other opinion? I was given as a gift the SONY DL, but I myself always used Verbatim for everything. Just wanted to make a copy of this data for future use. Again thanks all for helping.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mn072065
    no when I borrowed the dvd i ripped it with IMGBURN as an ISO image. Shall I open it up and re-build it? Thanks for trying to help.
    if its and iso you shouldnt have to change the book type. The problem might be you liteon drive. I have one too and it has far more burn fails then my plextor. Thats why a plextor cost so much more then the liteons. It's very reliable the liteons are not.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    trying my Benq 1640 now. Let's see if that works.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no luck interpretation error. I guess it's not meant to be. I need Verbatim Discs.
    Quote Quote  
  9. If you ripped as an ISO image to the HD, then all you need to do is load the ISO and burn with ImgBurn.

From the info you provided so far, I assume you're getting successfull burns but they're not showing up as DVD-ROM. Most burners automatically bitset DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM, not sure about Lite-On but I'm fairly certain the BenQ 1640 drives do. If your drive supports it and you set the book type in ImgBurn to DVD-ROM then that's what you should get.

I don't think the media is the problem with the bitsetting issue although I highly recommend using Verbatim DVD+R DL.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by bbanderic
    If you ripped as an ISO image to the HD, then all you need to do is load the ISO and burn with ImgBurn.

From the info you provided so far, I assume you're getting successfull burns but they're not showing up as DVD-ROM. Most burners automatically bitset DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM, not sure about Lite-On but I'm fairly certain the BenQ 1640 drives do. If your drive supports it and you set the book type in ImgBurn to DVD-ROM then that's what you should get.

I don't think the media is the problem with the bitsetting issue although I highly recommend using Verbatim DVD+R DL.
    I have been Using Sony DVD+R DL's for quite some time now without difficulty,,, until a recent change of Burner, related to your comment about Book types....

My Sony DRU-820a went belly up recently, and i replaced it with a Sony DRU-120c.

The 820A writes the booktype as DVDROM but the Sony DRU-120c Writes the book type as DVD+RDL.... Does anyone know how to change the book type on this newer Sony back to dvdrom?? It is causing compatibility issues on playback .

It is not the media. I have an older phillips writer that does the book type of dvdrom and these play just fine.

I use clonedvd as the writer, No options to set booktype anywhere here that i can see.

I have an e-mail into Sony about the problem, so far no response.

Thanks,

Lee
    Quote Quote