VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just received email from pinnacle about a new version of studio. I wonder if it will support MPEG edit with smart rrendering.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Home/
    Quote Quote  
  2. I wonder how many patches it will take to get a halfway workable product to the consumer and how long will they take? That is, taking into consideration that they can even get it to work. I haven't visited the forum over there in a while. Did they ever get version 10 fixed?
    Mark
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used Studio 9 and never upgrated to V10 because of all complaints I read on line and heard from friends.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I bought Studio9+ - Whata mistaka to maka! Absolute rubbish! I never did get it to finish even a simple project. Went back to Ulead VS9/10 and TMPGenc DVD Author and all's been hunky-dory since.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Stay with Ulead VS 10!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    im surprised avid has not shut down the consumer software div. .
    it is not why they bought them anyway
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Although it is a vista product, the manual is still written for XP. There were no background music files in my software. Pinnacle support never replied (8 days ago). Vista kind of sucks too. Too make it look new, Microsoft simply re-arranged alot of things, just adding confusion.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ Tom81

The interface for Studio 11 is the same for XP and Vista so the manual does not mention any OS. Basically you do the same thing to access a feature in Studio 11 regardless if it is XP or Vista. There may be an FAQ in an appendix that may mention XP but Vista is pretty similar and you can find an updated FAQ on our web site most likely.

To access background music, go to the audio toolbox and select the background music icon (looks like a musical note). You can add background music this way. If you need help, go to chapter 11 in the manual, specifically page 173 which mentions Scorefitter which is the Pinnacle background music generator.

If you had a previous version of Studio that had SmartSound and you would like to use that, then go to this FAQ on how to use SmartSound in Studio 11.

http://pinnacle.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/pinnacle.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?&p_lva=&p_faqid=15605

Hope this helps,
    Rich Edgley
    Technical Support
    Pinnacle Systems
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Stay with VS 10, but if you want to modify the video, go to VS11. They have white balance correction, color corection and some new good filters.
    If I listen to all those complaints about any product, I would never be able to do a thing. What does not work for one, may work well for another. Some machines may be ladened with so much junk that they cannot get off the ground. It's an empirical world-especially with computers. So, take the plunge.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVID is a very arrogant company by consumer standards. Some upper strategerist wanted consumer exposure but the internal AVID geeks wouldn't lie to consumers ... so they bought Pinnacle! Problem solved?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by edDV
    AVID is a very arrogant company by consumer standards. Some upper strategerist wanted consumer exposure but the internal AVID geeks wouldn't lie to consumers ... so they bought Pinnacle! Problem solved?
    Yeah, the "upper strategerist" was probaly promoted for the debacle. And the AVID geeks are now left alone.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    Originally Posted by edDV
    Yeah, the "upper strategerist" was probaly promoted for the debacle. And the AVID geeks are now left alone.
    AVID was trapped at the high end with little growth prospect. Wall street demands growth. Hence the "strategery".
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by edDV
    Originally Posted by edDV
    AVID was trapped at the high end with little growth prospect. Wall street demands growth. Hence the "strategery".
    Most likely why their CEO left (fired).

The problem is Pinnacle support is very bad, and their quality control is even worse.
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I own Pinnacle Studio 11 and it works as advertised. I only have one gripe and that is the mpeg 2 encoding isn't up to par. Ulead's Moviefactory and Sony Vegas do a much better job of encoding.

One last thing is that I am not very happy with paying extra for 3rd party transitional effects. Other than that I think the product is stable and adequate for most dvd authoring jobs.
    Do unto others....with a vengeance!
    Quote Quote  
  15. I think the clue is probably in the "3rd party" bit of "3rd party transitional effects" It's just a way to try and keep the price down and not have users moan about having to pay for extras that they never use.
    Quote Quote