VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just filmed another High School Musical.... this time I brought my Cassette Deck and plugged right into the SoundBoard and recorded onto audio cassette tape....and got direct audio off the Mics used in the Show.

I'm back home now...starting the editing process....and need to capture the audio into WAV and then synch the audio up. I have my Cassette Deck plugged into my LINE-IN on my PCs SoundMax Audio Adapter/PCI Card.

QUESTION: What programs do you suggest to CAPTURE the audio and render it into WAV? (a free program possibly)

***It MUST be a WAV format because my Sony Vegas will only import WAV audio (or atleast thats the only way I've figured out how to import an audiotrack).

Please help and give your opinion
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Goldwave or Audacity.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if you have vegas -- you can record it with vegas - see your manual ..

just arm a track for recording - after setting up where you are recording from .... then go ...

works perfect
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    btw , vegas will import lots of formats, though in this case, wav is fine
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Audiograbber 1.82

Use the line-in feature ... works great
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BJ_M
    if you have vegas -- you can record it with vegas - see your manual ..

just arm a track for recording - after setting up where you are recording from .... then go ...

works perfect
    i couldnt figure-out how to capture just audio-only from my TapeDeck.... while in the VIDEO CAPTURE sub-program.

so are you saying to INSERT an audio track and then record from within the track and DONT go into Video Capture?

I'll read my instructions....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    right, just record from within vegas right on the time line
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BJ_M
    right, just record from within vegas right on the time line
    i can hear playback thru my PC when playing the cassette tape.... I armed the track and recorded...NOTHING.... got 10secs into it and noticed the LED bar was not showing any audio.

went into Options > Preferences > Audio Devices > Default audio recording = SoundMAX Digital Audio > went into Advanced = showed SoundMAX as Input and Output.

After ALL THAT...... ******* nothing gets recorded.... WAV file is SILENT....

I went out and installed AUDACITY.... simple, fast and WORKED the 1st time.

Thanks for you help BJ but I'm using audacity now becasue it's an easy no-brainer kinda software.... with Vegas the stars and planets have to be aligned for it to work.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried it and Audacity like 98% of the audio line-in from cassette to CD programs I've tried, will NOT allow open/live audio monitoring. It has nice features though.
    Quote Quote