VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    YouTube Pub (http://www.youtubepub.com) is an online tool which allows you to search, view, and download YouTube videos. It also has Firefox extension which means after you install it, you can click the button on your Firefox browser to save the video while you are watching at YouTube.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    free plug-in

also free flv viewer

works
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've used the Firefox plugins with some success. But, there's always a way to capture video ... at least on a Win98SE system. Case(s) in point.

Quadruple-platinum jazz performer, Norah Jones, did an interview during the filming of "My Blueberry Nights," her acting debut due for release later this year. During the interview, she told the interviewer that she was a nonsmoker. However, around the same time as this interview, a Korean-language website posted a "behind-the-scenes" video taken during the filming. And in a break between scenes, Jones and co-star Jude Law are seen smoking like smokestacks (grin). I visited the Korean language site to attempt to capture it:

http://www.youku.com/v/swf/qplayer.swf?VideoIDS=158325

Couldn't do it with the plug-ins. However, on my Win98SE partition (directory structures are much simpler than on my XP partition), I easily found my Firefox CACHE directory. I first cleaned it out. Then, I visited the site again with Firefox. When the video stopped playing, a very large file appeared in the CACHE directory. I renamed it to "norah_jude.flv" and, bingo, I had the file.

Also, today, I visited an NBC website showing the video of the Korean guy who went on a mass killing spree at Virginia Tech, then killed himself. But before he did it, he mailed a video "manifesto" to a local TV station. NBC showed a 1:49 brief excerpt from it on their site. Firefox plug-ins couldn't capture it so I tried the same procedure. No go. So, I opened this directory:

C:\WINDOWS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES

In it were several subdirectories. None of them had a big file inside. But one of them had an ASX file. I opened the ASX file textually and found a link to a WMV file on akamai's MMS server. I copied the link location, imported it into NetTransport and, bingo, I had the file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Easily done with this product:

http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/index.php

Just did it right now. Also works great on Wolfgang's Vault....
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    SPAM
    You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator Baldrick
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hey that is handy.. I've always wanted to keep the videos of Rik Parkinson DJing on the DJM-800.. now I just need highspeed net!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    There are a few tools to do it.. can be difficult to setup and use. Some download site doesn't work after some time.

For me, i just use SPAM because it downloads youtube videos very fast. It even converts them to windows video, and now I can easily play or view them using windows media player.

As i can remember, SPAM link is at SPAM

Hope this can help.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can be slow sometimes, but it's a free alternative:

http://www.techcrunch.com/get-youtube-movie/

NOW, how about one the works on MySpace videos. None of the tools that are supposed to work here actually do any more.
    Quote Quote  
  10. No software to install, follow instructions at http://www.kissyoutube.com/.

All you need to do is add "kiss" in front of the "youtube" URL (kissyoutube/.....) you want to download, this brings you to the download page.

In my case, running ffdshow and adding "flv" in the registry, allows the downloads to play directly in windows media player 11. Works great.
    Quote Quote