VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I am wondering if there is a plug-in or an application that will enable WMC to recognize and play ISO DVD images stored on my hard drive. I usually rip my DVD as ISO images and I know that I can mount them individually via Daemon Tools and play them in WMC as a regular DVD, but I'm curious if there is anything that would enable me to import the folder with all of my ISO images into WMC under My Videos so that I am able to browse them within WMC and play them back without having to individually mount them manually.

Any feedback is highly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. zagore zagore rucak ti zagore
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know how to play them with WMC, but the freeware VLC player can play ISO video files.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey, I am trying to do the exact same thing. so far, the closest I have come is using "quick media convert"(which im sure you can find free on this site) to convert my "iso" files to "wmv"... they play through windows media center video library. However, the video quality is not the best. I would like to find a way to maintain the original quality and 5.1 surround. good luck and keep posting. there has to be a way. I will let you know when I get it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MyMovies. It uses DaemonTools for mounting the images for playback within Media Center. I've been using it for years on both of my MCE 2005 machines. They don't show up under "My Videos" in Media Center though, it's essentially its own program entry on the menu. It has some other neat abilities such as connecting to IMDB to pull cover art and information about the movie for reference within MCE.

It gets the most use at my cabin where my HTPC storage array resides. I rip almost all of my DVD library to ISO and store it on the (now) 4TB array so that I don't have to drag my DVDs back and forth with me all the time. Great thing to have since the place is so remote it doesn't have cable and there's barely any OTA reception.
    FB-DIMM are the real cause of global warming
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I have just developed a freeware plug-in for Media Center with the following features:

- Mounts ISO disc images from DVD or BluRay
    - Plays media in containers like AVI and Matroska (MKV)
    - Plays DVDs in folder format
    - Uses film cover and media metadata information in open XML format
    - Allow folder hierarchy to organize media

Please refer to https://sourceforge.net/projects/mcjukebox/ for additional information!

Not sure if it will work with 2005 version, but it's worth try, and post it to my site. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    htensfeld, you can also request that your program be added to our 'Tools' section. https://www.videohelp.com/toolsedit?newtool=1

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rallynavvie
    MyMovies. It uses DaemonTools for mounting the images for playback within Media Center. I've been using it for years on both of my MCE 2005 machines. They don't show up under "My Videos" in Media Center though, it's essentially its own program entry on the menu. It has some other neat abilities such as connecting to IMDB to pull cover art and information about the movie for reference within MCE.

It gets the most use at my cabin where my HTPC storage array resides. I rip almost all of my DVD library to ISO and store it on the (now) 4TB array so that I don't have to drag my DVDs back and forth with me all the time. Great thing to have since the place is so remote it doesn't have cable and there's barely any OTA reception.
    I really like MyMovies too and use it exclusively for movie playback in my HTPC, but I use VCD w/ it (Slysoft Virtual Cone Drive)

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote