VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I use SUPER to convert my flv files to other formats. But I was wondering which format would be the best for DVD Authoring? Please mention the Audio & Video settings too.

Thanks
    There is no patch for ignorance...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The best?
    All DVD players play mpeg2
    Some are starting to play other formats.
    Need more info on exactly what you're trying to accomplish.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you want to author for DVD then you really only have two choices

Low resolution mpeg-1

Low to SD resolution mpeg-2

See What is DVD (top left corner of this page) for specifics.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    If you want to author for DVD then you really only have two choices

Low resolution mpeg-1

Low to SD resolution mpeg-2

See What is DVD (top left corner of this page) for specifics.
    Ok I converted my flv video to mpeg-II but there's a problem - When I play the video using PowerDVD, the video plays in hi speed & there's no sound but it plays perfectly in VLC player. Wats goin on?!?!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How did you convert it ?
    What program ?
    What settings ?
    What does g-spot say about the mpeg-2 file ?

If I could read minds I'd have my own TV show.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    How did you convert it ?
    What program ?
    What settings ?
    What does g-spot say about the mpeg-2 file ?

If I could read minds I'd have my own TV show.
    You dont have to read minds mate Just read my first post again. As I already mentioned I use SUPER. I've attached the screen shot which shows the settings I used. I dont have GSpot so u'll have to wait for that one.[/img]

Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The screen shot was very helpful. Unfortunately, there is a lot wrong with what you did. PLEASE look at the link on the top left for "What Is DVD" to understand what the format requires.

MP3 is dead wrong for DVD. You need either AC3 audio or PCM (don't recommend it as it takes up too much space). AC3 is best. A sampling frequency of 44100 is wrong too. DVD requires 48000. Your decision not to change the video resolution is probably wrong as most FLV clips I've seen don't have valid resolutions for DVD. Again, please look at the link to understand what you need as a final product. You did get the frames per second right if you want to make NTSC (used in North America) DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jman98
    The screen shot was very helpful. Unfortunately, there is a lot wrong with what you did. PLEASE look at the link on the top left for "What Is DVD" to understand what the format requires.

MP3 is dead wrong for DVD. You need either AC3 audio or PCM (don't recommend it as it takes up too much space). AC3 is best. A sampling frequency of 44100 is wrong too. DVD requires 48000. Your decision not to change the video resolution is probably wrong as most FLV clips I've seen don't have valid resolutions for DVD. Again, please look at the link to understand what you need as a final product. You did get the frames per second right if you want to make NTSC (used in North America) DVDs.
    I know the settings might be wrong for DVD. But why wont the mpg file play properly before I convert it to DVD??? I've attached what GSpot has to say about the mpg file.

newzealand_tv.flv.txt
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try this

Quote Quote  
  10. Atlast I found out why all my MPEG-II vdo files wouldn't play anymore!! I uninstalled some applications today, one of them removed the codec required to play MPEG-II files. Bullocks!! I found out after carefully examining all those vdo's with GSpot(hats off to GSpot). So, where can I get the codec? Oh n thanks 45tripp for giving me just wat I asked. 8)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    PowerDVD has no reliance on external mpeg codecs. If it's shot you need to re-install.
    VLC is self-contained and doesn't need external codecs either.

If you want mpeg support for other players you could go with the popular ffdshow package.
    Or if you just want to fix mpeg support try dscaler mpeg filters
    Quote Quote  
  12. I am trying to use super to make a dvd out of a flv file. What should my settings be? I am lost.

I was able to do one once but can't stumble upon the correct settings now.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    45tripp answered that one 4 posts ago. The settings are correct for PAL but you'll need to change the frame rate to 29.97 and the resolution to 720x480 for NTSC.

.....and you shouldn't need to stumble on the correct settings, read 'What is DVD' at the top left and you'll see what the correct settings are.
    Quote Quote