I have encoded some of my DVDs as mkv (video avc, standard profile, ac3 audio). now I saw that PS3, since version 1.6 plays m2ts (http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/video/filetypes.html) according to wikipedia m2ts can contain video avc and ac3 audio streams. so that's exactly what i needed. now my question is, is there a muxer for m2ts. I have only found demuxer.
are do you have any other ideas? for watching the movies on ps3?
i also installed YDL on PS3, using Videolan to play the movies, but they show some artefacts.... don't know why...
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
1) Mkvtoolnix - Demux A/V from MKV
2) Belight + Besweet - Convert AC3 into MP2 (MP4 can't handle AC3)
2) YAMB 1.6 - Mux AVC/h264 video and MP2 audio into MP4 container
4) MP42TS - Muxes MP4 into TS file http://kurtnoise.free.fr/index.php?dir=mp4tools/&file=mp42ts_20070314.zip
5) Zlib1.dll (needed for MP42TS)
Not tested, though.
You say "MP4 can't handle AC3." All I'd read was that PS3 won't play AC3 in a TS container. I've gotten around this by re-encapsulating in a PS stream. In any case, I'd always avoid MP2 audio, especially if AAC is available.
Thorax was looking for an m2ts muxer ... will mp42ts create an m2ts or ts stream?