VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to make a copy of a vcd and have the copy be able to play in a vcd player. Can I just copy all the files/folders (cdi, ext, mpegav, segment, vcd) from the vcd onto my harddrive and then burn all those files/folders onto a cd, as a data cd? Or do I need a program and have to do some authoring?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just do a disk copy of the cd. Your copy/cd burning software will treat it like any other CD.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    As Nitemare said, you need to do a disc copy of the VCD. Making a data CD with the same files and folders won't work as the file system for data CDs and VCDs is completely different.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just as with an audio CD, you can't drag onto the desktop and back into your burning app. As the others said, you need to use your burning app to perform a disc copy operation. On a Mac, for example, you'd use Toast's Disc Copy option. On a PC, you can use, say, burnatonce (a free app that gets the job done).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Imgburn can also do it, and it's free and the author doesn't spam our forums
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    audiophile wrote:

Can I just copy all the files/folders (cdi, ext, mpegav, segment, vcd) from the vcd onto my harddrive and then burn all those files/folders onto a cd, as a data cd?
    Yes, IF: a) you know how to correctly sort the VCD files; b) burn the CD in
    Mode 2. I myself do not know in which order the VCD/SVCD files must be recorded on
    a CD; besides, Nero does not allow the user to sort files. mkisofs does let the user
    choose the order in which the files will be recorded on the CD/DVD, but AFAIK
    it cannot create Mode 2 disk images. mode2cdmaker is the toy I recommend
    if you happen to feel like finding out how to play the game ^_^

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    Quote Quote