VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been backing up my DVDs for a while and Ive never had a problem. I'm a huge Will Ferrel fan and I just bought "Stranger than fiction" I want to back it up because I have a 2 year old and a 3 year old. I use DVDShrink 3.2 and DVDFab decrypter and neither will let me back it up. I need help so my kids can destroy a burned copy and not the original.

PS I know how dumb this sounds but my kids get into the closet where we keep our movies and I've losted 40+ dvds.

JCUBZ
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You might try RipIt4Me. A lot of people that have had problems ripping a movie end up using RipIt4Me and it works.
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgment."
    Zefram Cochrane
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks i tried it but RipIt4Me just aborted its self,any thoughts?

JCUBZ
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    does anyone know what the problem is?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Same problem with open season...dvdshrink 3.2, dvd fab decrypter,dvd dercypter, and ripit4me dont work on Stranger than fiction or open season...So Im expecting when columbia house/sony pictures releases any new dvd's will have this new encryption on it....I downloaded the free version of dvd fab platinum and that seemed to rip and burn but when I put the disc in all 3 of my dvd players it wouldnt play! I tried to play back on the pc and same thing it just wont scan properly. The computer detects 0 files on the disc...but you can look at the burned side and see that it is burned!.....

The only way to back up Stranger than fiction and open season was through my video ports on my other pc via hooking up a dvd player. I just only wish It had a digital input so I could still get the 5.1 surround on the movie's but I guess 2 channel stereo with dolby prologic will have to do! its like vhs surround all over again..pfff!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try doing just a movie only rip instead of a full disc rip. This seems to work on some stubborn discs.

Otherwise, put a lock on the closet door.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    They're ARccOS protected discs, do a forum search.
    He's a liar and a murderer, and I say that with all due respect.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yeah I know its ARcoSS...but this encryption is different from ARcoSS. Sony is doing something new here...so now iv'e been playing with the iso files in nero. Just on open season there are more then 80 vts files. And most of them are garbage files that when played through nero showtime its just black screen for 7 seconds.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a scratch on the disk? I backed it up with DVDfabdecrypter with no problems.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Anydvd will take care of this disk. It worked for me It will take care of the ARccOS and incorrect DVD structure.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Ok a break through for stranger than fiction and open Season.....use dvd fab platinum 3 it works with dvd 5....for some reason it wouldnt wirk with dvd 9 dual layer. I was useing Ridata dvd9 and they wouldnt work...so tried dvd 5 single layer and no problem copying the full disc...quality is slighty degraded but not that bad!. Im gonna try another dual layer media brand tomorrow. But hey it works!
    Quote Quote