VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I would like to know whats the best way and what tool. to use. to take a vob file. and add text on the bottom of the video. text that will stay throughout the whole video. at the bottom of it, and then converting it to
    MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid) format (Avi)
    320x240 resolution
    MP3 audio
    30 frames per second
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Make a .srt subtitle file with your text set for the entire movie duration. Encode to AVI with AutoGK, telling it to use your srt as subtitle file.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Question is how do i make a .srt subtitle? what program do i use to make that? Just want to add text , 1 line through out the whole video, like a watermark
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Code:
    00:00:00,100 --> 01:50:00,000
    Your text goes here
    Copy the text above, open Notepad, paste it, change the text to your liking, change the 2nd time to match the diuration of the video (format is HH:MM:SS,thousandsofsecond)

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. i just dowmloaded Auto GX

and i put the vob video clip, in the input section, and i notce there is a subtitle track box on Auto GX, but it doesnt show a browse button to load the srt file. and when i right click on the box, theres no Load SRT or Subitle button,??

So do i have to input an avs file? on the input file sectioN? if so, please tell me the exact avs code to use, to get this vob file, named "george.vob" in my desktop, to have this srt watermark file u just told me about.

with these settings

MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid) format (Avi)
    320x240 resolution
    MP3 audio
    30 frames per second

I would like the text font to be Britannic Bold , located at the bottom left of the video, with the words DragStarEnt.
    ---------------------------------------------
    also i have virtualdub, and i heard about using the filter subtitler. and you can also add a text, like that on the video, but myu problem i had was i download Sub Station Alpha, "Cause thats what you need to make a .ssa script" but that program wouldnt open for me when i downloaded on my computer, is there another way, to make a .ssa script?? so i can load it in the subtitler filter for virtualdub?
    Quote Quote  
  6. and i put the vob video clip, in the input section, and i notce there is a subtitle track box on Auto GX

I take it you mean to say AutoGK? To load external subtitles after opening your AVI, hit CTRL-F8. In Advanced Settings set the width to 320. It'll probably keep the same audio (MP3 probably), and framerate. If it's not 30fps already, it's not going to convert it to 30fps.

https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=316471

I would like the text font to be Britannic Bold , located at the bottom left of the video, with the words DragStarEnt.

For that, SRT is no good. You'll need SSA format subs. For those you can set the font, placement, size, color, etc. I do this using SubStation Alpha. You might have mentioned this in your first post. I made one for you. Open in VDub(Mod) to see if it's OK. I made it grey lasting for 2 hours and since I don't have your font, I made it Tahoma. You can change the font by opening it in NotePad, finding where it says Tahoma, and changing it.

dragstarent.ssa

Here's what it looks like now:
    Quote Quote  
  7. wow works perfect thank you!

Are you good at editing pictures? i found a logo watermark filter for virtualdub, called logo 1.7b2 by donald graft. It uses BMP logos only. I have a logo, that would like to use the logo feature on it. Make it Transparent. Wondering if you can edit this picture

Picture Link: http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1436/2uien8kvb2.png

to Remove the "KING" on top of that image, part, and save it as bmp, to make it transparent looking. and please send it back to me
    Quote Quote  
  8. Here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?202ky3ztkmz

If you don't like it, don't use it. You make it as transparent as you like when setting up the Logo filter.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hey manono, thanks for the nice try, But when loading it, It Shows a White box, Behind the logo. Could u make the bmp, not show that white box, just the logo please
    Quote Quote  
  10. edited my post
    Quote Quote  
  11. hey still shows that white part behind , it can u make it not show that white partk. in background, like this pic

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1436/2uien8kvb2.png
    Quote Quote  
  12. can u show me how i can do that please
    Quote Quote