VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, like in the subject all i want is to convert Avi to MP4 and in the same software add subtitles
    from external file...

i've searched and downloaded some different softwares but couldn't find the right one who will do the job

well, my interest by doing this is to convert movies, and watch them in my tv using my video ipod (with subtitles ofcourse).

if you familiar with such software, i'll be grateful....

greetings

JoKeY
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Jokey,
    YAMB will do what you want but I caution you, if your existing AVI files have B-Frames in them (most do)you will not be able to play them back on an iPod at all even if they are Mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It keeps telling me that "muxing failed"

but i cant understand why....

some1 can help with that issue?

EDIT:
    any way, if some1 got a better way to view movies in the TV using the ipod, and also keeping the quality

share us...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another problem is that iPod's don't (as far as I know) support ttext subs, so the subs would just be ignored.

You would need to re-encode with hardsubs, which means you don't get to keep the quality.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by celtic_druid
    Another problem is that iPod's don't (as far as I know) support ttext subs, so the subs would just be ignored.

You would need to re-encode with hardsubs, which means you don't get to keep the quality.
    listen up guys...

i can take the longer way, and stick together the movie and the subtitles file, and then create an AVi file with subtitles on it, by using the VirtulDubMod software
    and then convert it to MP4 file, with any program in hand.

but what i'm looking for is a software that will make me a faster way to do that...
    by taking the movie and the subtitle file, and creating it to a MP4 file with subs on it....

hoping you get the point...
    JoKeY
    Quote Quote  
  6. looking for the same thing.. any ideas ?
    Quote Quote