VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How can i copy a protected DVD? When i simply copy it, it says it is protected. Usually i back up the dvd and then burn the image file. I have been using DVD SHRINk to copy it. Unfortunally it's not working now... Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You need to update. dvdshrink isn't updated anymore.

ripit4me
    dvdfabdecrypter

those are two current freebies generally used here

anydvd is payware that is updated regularly also.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what program shud i use to burn it after backing it up with dvdfabdecrypter ??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well dvdfabdecrypter only copies it to your harddrive. You need to use something like imgburn.

You can also use old dvddecrypter for burning in conjunction with dvdshrink AFTER you rip the disc to the harddrive. They are still useful tools they just aren't updated anymore for the newest protection schemes.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks alot for all your help!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wait i can't seem to get it to work... DVDFab doesn't seem to rip it as a iso file. How do i load it with imgburn?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Set it to build mode, and make the target a disc instead of an ISO
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It still doesn't seem to work, i go to build mode, then what? Does it write it as a iso file?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The best software to copy protected DVD is ANYDVD. Some dvd have laser marking at the inner edge which you can mask with toothpaste or a dry wipe marker pen. Hey presto the dvd can now be ripped by many software including dvdshrink.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Some dvd have laser marking at the inner edge which you can mask with toothpaste or a dry wipe marker pen. Hey presto the dvd can now be ripped by many software including dvdshrink.
    You have some proof of this, of course ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Putting a disc smeared with toothpaste in my player seems like a great idea. Maybe peanut butter would work better?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    LOL
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I think mauricefra is confusing some CD audio copy protection with DVD copy protection. Because some audio CDs with copy protection were manufactured as hybrid discs (they appear to be CD-ROMs to PCs but normal audio CDs to CD players), it was supposedly possible to mess up the data part of the disc, which would become unreadable on a PC and force the PC to treat it as a normal CD audio disc. There are better ways to defeat CD audio copy protection than this.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes i have copied many protected dvd's e.gthe movie "Transformers" and "Gregorian the Masterpieces(LIve in Prague)". If you want to use toothpaste, wait till it dries or as I said use a dry wipe marker pen. Just look at the DVD for the tell-tales marks. The protection can also be on the outer part of the DVD as well as on the inner ring.Works 100%.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    your "transformers" movie is most likely not protected to begin with...
    I am just a worthless liar,
    I am just an imbecil
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mauricefra
    If you want to use toothpaste, wait till it dries or
    Then it's a gritty powder. Just what I want on a disc spinning at thousands of RPM, flinging grit into the works.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TooLFooL
    your "transformers" movie is most likely not protected to begin with...
    DVD Box actually said Protected DVD. I have tod you guys you can also use a black marker pen. Someone asked a question and i gave the solution. Anybody can LOL but it works. You have to pysically mask the Laser protection when software doesn"t work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is no laser protection. Period. Now, let's talk about UFO's and the JFK assassination.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanx to all those who answered this question. I too have just figured it out from your help
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried blanking out (with a CD/DVD Marker Pen) the coding on the inside ring of a DVD - which I assume is the copy preventative coding. Using Roxio to copy disc it still comes up that the DVD is copy protected. Any more suggestions? Any help most appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The copy protection is built into the way the disc is encoded, as well as encryption codes pressed into the disc itself. No amount of colouring in with a sharpie is going to make any difference. Start your lessons here : https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/224714-I-can-t-rip-with-DVD-Shrink-or-DVD-Decrypter
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  22. If you have something like AnyDVD running in the background then this isn't an issue.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by weirdwing View Post
    How can i copy a protected DVD? When i simply copy it, it says it is protected. Usually i back up the dvd and then burn the image file. I have been using DVD SHRINk to copy it. Unfortunally it's not working now... Any suggestions?
    I tried alot of different software.You can't use software like ahead nero or even alcohol 120 thinking it could actually copy a dvd movie. I used to use 2 different software one for ripping , a free version called (SetupDVDDecrypter) and taking out the protection. And another burning software called(Allok Video to DVD Burner) But the outcome was never like the original movie.Menu function didn't work and it took a long time.I recently purchased DVDFab 8.2 version.WOW what a cool software.I have 2 dvd burners on my computer.I put the original movie dvd on one burning to read files to my hard drive and a blank dvd on the second burner.With one click I make an almost exact copy of the the original copy protected dvd movie. All menu functions work .I can even copy an 8GB HD dvd movie. Even though 2 dvd burners are not necessary : I just use 2 burners because I don't want to switch dvds during the the process. I just click one button and come back an hour later and everything is done.The only thing different between the original movie and the coppied one is the coppied dvd dosn't have any copyright protection anymore.
    Last edited by Dino De Laurentiis; 5th Sep 2012 at 20:49.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by weirdwing View Post
    Just buy DVDFab 8.2
    Last edited by Dino De Laurentiis; 5th Sep 2012 at 20:49.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Dino - Just leave old threads alone. If it's more than 6 months or so old and what you have to say is not absolutely critical information along the lines of a DVD region free code for a player that nobody has yet posted, just leave them be. Really didn't need two replies to this thread. weirdwing last logged in here about a year and a half ago so you're preaching to people who already know about AnyDVD and DVDFab.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Dino - Just leave old threads alone. If it's more than 6 months or so old and what you have to say is not absolutely critical information along the lines of a DVD region free code for a player that nobody has yet posted, just leave them be. Really didn't need two replies to this thread. weirdwing last logged in here about a year and a half ago so you're preaching to people who already know about AnyDVD and DVDFab.
    The only reason why I posted 2 replys is because I made a mistake when posting .I wrote the same thing twice by mistake .Errors can happen with new members. I tried deleting the second but it didn't permit me to do so.So I just edited it and wrote something different. I think my 2 cents that I wrote is worth reading to someone who just happened to stumble on this site like I did.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you would have looked at the stickies in the forum you posted in you would have seen it was not needed....

https://forum.videohelp.com/forums/24-DVD-Ripping

Man, even as a noob I was not even close to being that bad!!

LOL!!
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Dino, I just came across this thread and your info helped me out cheers
    Quote Quote