VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I have ripped a DVD (The lord of the rings, the two towers) with DVD Decrypter and I wanted to make some editiong.
    I have one big MPEG2 file of 4.3GB.
    When I rip it with only one audio track, the audio bar in MPEG Video Wizard DVD is shorter than the video bar )5 minuts shorter, more or less, on a 1:45 hours file)
    When I rip with all the audio tracks, there no problem.
    I could save up to 1.3 GB... so this is a bit bothering.
    When I see the MPEG file with PowerDVD, the audio is there
    Any suggestion?
    Thank you!

PS: I also can't see the subtitles in PowerDVD. I can only see them if I go in ISO mode, rip the full dvd and then mount the ISO with Daemon tool, why's that?)
    Quote Quote  
  2. a different question.

I have a DVD rip of a movie with a certain voice track and also have a a Blu-ray rip of the same movie, but it does not have that audio track that I need, which is in the DVD rip.

I was going to take my desired audio track from the DVD rip and mux it with the Blu-ray rip, but the problem is that the DVD rip is shorter than the Blu-ray rip by about 5-6 mins; both rips are complete movies, nothing missing.

Now, is there a way of muxing that shorter length audio track with the longer length video track and the voice is in sync?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by xxxyyy View Post
    Hello,
    I have ripped a DVD (The lord of the rings, the two towers) with DVD Decrypter and I wanted to make some editiong.
    There could be few problems with your rip. This movie is quite new and I am not sure that DVDDecrypter is up to it, but if it works for you, than rip whole DVD then open it in PGCEdit double click on Title and in new screen, click on audio track you do not want and disable it - save DVD.

To your second question on Power DVD player, it is possible that subtitles are locked out once title is playing (UPO). Than you have to select them using usually a Language menu before Title is played.
    You can check (UPO) in PGCEdit also.
    Quote Quote