VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I was on vacation last summer I shot some video with my DV camcorder. Some of it was taken while I was driving, and so it was shot through the windshield. When the car was facing the sun, the dashboard was reflected in the glass, and this shows up on my video. Also, sometimes the windshield was dirty and so there are a few spots on the video. Is it possible to filter this and make it less noticeable? I'm guessing it would be easier to remove the dirty spots than the reflection. I thought about trying one of those de-logo virtualdub plugins, but before I tried that I thought I'd ask if there was a better way. Has anyone else encountered this problem, and if so, what did you do about it? Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For dirt spots you would get better results with something like despot, an avisynth filter. The reflections are something you will have to live with.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    imagineer systems mokey and monet that will remove reflections - but it will set you back about 25 grand (plus another 5000$ for fusion5 which works well w/ them - or apple shake)
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    they can also remove all the dirt spots - even on moving objects
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    meanwhile, back in the real world . . . . . .

What ever happened to PixelDust ? 2d3 announced it back in 2002 with a late 2004 release date. Now it seems to have disappeared completely. Pity, because the demo clips were impressive.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    they sold the product
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Too whom ?

I used to use icarus when that was still a uni project, and it was at the stage of being able to remove some foreground objects from a motion frame. Then they sold the lot to pixelfarm, who turned into into 3 or 4 different products.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    I used to use icarus
    I have a copy of that, 2.07 . Barely touched it but the demo clips I've seen were quite impressive. I'd host the file if I knew there weren't any legal ramifications...
    Quote Quote