VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, I just installed the latest v.2.2.0.0 of ImgBurn (released 2/13/07), and when I click on the "Burn with ImgBurn" context menu shell extension after right clicking on a VIDEO_TS folder I get an error message stating that "ImgBurn is not installed" (I'm referring to Chrissy Boy's "ImgBurn DVD-Video Shell Ext").

The new v.2.2.0.0 of ImgBurn is located in the same path/directory as the old v.2.1.0.0 was. I tried un-installing / re-installing ImgBurn and the ImgBurn DVD-Video Shell Ext (v.1.2) to no avail. When I uninstall the ImgBurn DVD-Video Shell Ext I am offered the option of Repair or Uninstall. If I run the Repair option I get the same error: "ImgBurn is not installed." If I do a total uninstall / re-Install of the ImgBurn DVD-Video Shell Ext, I get the same error message.

The new v.2.2 of ImgBurn is working just fine, I just can't evoke it with the context menu any more. And yes, NET 1.1 & 2.0 are installed on this WinXP Pro machine.

Any ideas as to what's wrong here? I really miss this convenient feature!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might check their site for suggestions if no one here has any ideas. http://www.imgburn.com/

And this doesn't seem to relate to the SVCD2DVD forum. Moving you to the Computer forum.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    redwudz,

I think you misunderstand. The problem is not with ImgBurn, but rather with the "ImgBurn DVD-Video Shell Ext v1.2" proggy which is authored by Chrissy Boy and can be found at the bottom of the SVCD2DVD home page: http://www.svcd2dvd.com/.

I really believe this should be addressed on the SVCD2DVD forum as I would like this to come to Chrissy Boy's attention.

Thank you...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I did misunderstand. Moved back.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, Problem Solved!

Uninstalled ImgBurn and the ImgBurn DVD-Video Shell Ext one more time, but this time I scanned the registry for every instance of "ImgBurnDVDVideo" and deleted same. Reinstalled ImgBurn 2.2.0.0 and the ImgBurn DVD-Video Shell Ext and all is working again.

Registry problem... Go figure!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the heads-up.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Tried the above tips but I can't get it to work at all with 2.3.2.0 - any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well i have just upgraded from 2.1.0.0 to 2.3.2.0 and everything is fine...

Maybe uninstall the ext. Do
    but this time I scanned the registry for every instance of "ImgBurnDVDVideo" and deleted same.
    Then REBOOT.

Then reinstall the Ext...
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Re-installed XP last night so will re-test with a clean install....
    Quote Quote