VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. 1- Does Pinnacle Studio 7 alows to separate Audio track from Video Track such as Adobe Premiere function unlink audio from video.

2- Can I use some other MPEG codec with Pinnacle Studio rather than built-in one, if yes then how.

Thanks for the answers.
    Quote Quote  
  2. As for question 1. I am not sure but you can add voice over and adjust each audio track.

Question 2. You cannot use another MPEG codec. You must render to an AVI file and use an external encoder like TMPEGEnc. The built-in MPEG codec is no good anyway. So far I have been unsuccessful in rendering either an AVI or MPEG with Studio. It always hang up. I have tried all the suggestions that Pinnacle has offered. Other people have had this problem too as seen on the forum. Some have been successful but they must hold their mouth a certain way. I am waiting on the next build in hopes they have fixed some of the bugs. Studio 7 has a lot of potential but many problems.

Best of luck... you will need it.
    PIV-2.4G ASUS MB, 1G Mem, WinXP
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm pretty sure you can separate audio/video, as the options under AVI have a checkbox for "Include video in AVI file". i haven't done this yet, though.

I just wrote out a good-sized AVI file using Studio 7. An error popped up at the very end, but the file seems to have rendered properly. WinXP, p41.8G, 512MB, using latest Studio7 update from Pinnacle. Didn't hold my mouth funny or anything. Source project was around 25 minutes long.

I'm wondering if anyone out there could suggest the best encoder for writing AVI files under Studio 7? They all seem to write a different file size, and if you enable all codecs on the host, a bunch of them seem to write enormously large files (30gigs for a 20 minute file). Are those using no compression? There's one called Cinecraft Radius, and another for DV Video Encoder, and a few from Microsoft. These are all under the AVI options under Settings.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You could use the Ligos Indeo Video 5.11. This is the latest indeo codec and can be downloaded from the Ligos site. Ligos has taken over management of the indeo codec I guess. Or you could use the latest version of the Indeo codec you have.

I'm glad Studio 7 is working for you. Many people of having the same problems I have had and there are know bugs they are working to fix. I keep looking for a new build at Pinnacles site but it is taking a long time to fix these problems. I do like the program if it would just work.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Are these bugs mainly in "Studio 7", or do they also affect "Studio DV 7"?

I'm right on the verge of buying Studio DV 7, but want to know how stable/compatible it is first.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The main problem people are having is rendering to AVI or MPEG. In my case after a few minutes of rendering my computer locks up and I have to hit the reset. I tried all their suggestions but didn't work. I have DC10+ for analog capture so I upgraded to Studio 7 software which is supposed to work for both analog and DV. I already had an Adaptec firewire card. If you are thinking about the Studio package with the firewire card I would suggest getting a different firewire card. The one that comes with the Studio package is a little quirky from what I hear. Just get the Studio DV software. The Adaptec card I got is good. It comes with a lite version of MGI VideoWave but I don't like that too much. I am starting to use SceneAnalyzer for capture. It works well with Studio 7 and will even do the detect scenes in Studio format. If you get Studio 7 you will probably have problems until they fix it with a new build. Pinnacle is very slow in fixing these major bugs and if you check the Pinnacle forum you will see Studio owners have already passed being irate. They are getting numb. I would love to have Studio 7 working right since I really like the interface. Easy to use. Just to give you a little hope, I think another build is coming soon. That's the good news. The bad news is, I don't think it will fix all the problems.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Trainman - the only difference between Studio 7 and Studio DV 7 is that the DV version comes with a Firewire card. The edit software is the same Studio 7 software. I've seen a couple of other postings that agree with bertmartin on the separate firewire card. I've been using mine (from the previous Studio DV release) just fine, but I haven't used anything OTHER than Studio for capture, so you'd expect that. If you are going to use other products for capturing over firewire, someone advised to use the Microsoft 1394 drivers rather than the Texas Instruments driver, but that's all over my head at this point. Just something to keep in mind.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ok, thanks. I'll try it out.

I can always do an "eBay" if not satisfied.
    Quote Quote  
  9. MMM well, my experienc eis alittle different

I can export to avi file but tmpgenc wont load it. It says invalid video something

Though when i try to load the same avi file just for audio, it will load it, still no video though. I wonder if it is because Studio only supports 32 or 48 for audio and not 44.1?

Damn, this studio program would have been good :( Their mpg format is very poor so i thought i would encode it using tmpgenc :(
    Quote Quote  
  10. Actually Silab, there are ways of getting around Studio 7's poor encoding problem. After I save to MPEG2 in Studio DV 7, I know that playback on computer can look rather herky-jerky, UNTIL you convert to the final DVD-ready MPEG2 with ULEAD DVD MovieFactory. Playback becomes smooth as silk afterwards once you do that, but there is a catch: You can't mess with Studio 7's brightness / contrast / color / fast speed / slow speed settings, or else it will do something to the final MovieStudio encode which makes the video hiccup and stutter, BUT ONLY IF PLAYED ON COMPUTER. If you mess with these Studio 7 settings, make Studio 7 MPEG2, encode to final MPEG2 with ULEAD DVD MovieFactory, then burn to DVD or VCD/SVCD, the playback on one of those discs should be flawless as opposed to an idle MPEG2 file you try playing via computer.

Studio DV 7 is finally the great program it was meant to be, but only when I follow that procedure.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm pretty unimpressed with the MPEG rendering in Studio 7 too. It seem to be the free micky-mouse implementation. Very poor. Why couldn't Pinnacle license a proper encoder? (Aside: I'm not impressed with Nero's MPEG2 encoder either)

I've been looking to see if theres a VCM based Frameserver that could be used under export AVI to pipe the video from Studio to TMPGEnc or VDub. Haven't found such a thing, does anyone know of one?

Or will I have to write it myself?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Well I couldn't find one so I've written it...

I've just written a VFW compressor codec that's actually a VirtualDub compatible (read "ripped off from VirtualDub code") Frameserver. It's a bit rough round the edges and needs more work before I can share it, but I just used it to funnel a 40 min video straight out of Studio 7 and into virtual dub where it was deinterlaced, cropped, resized, cleaned then frameserved up a second time into TMPGEnc.

Et viola a 0 intermediate stage conversion from unedited captured fullframe video to VCD Mpeg. Just as well really, as the video source is compressed 3 times before I even start! (DTT+Tivo+MJPEG)
    Quote Quote  
  13. obiwobble, if you were to write something that would allow framserving from Studio 8 to TMPGEnc then myself as well as thousands of other dis-satified Studio 8 users would happily pay for it.

Regards
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by khan001p
    1- Does Pinnacle Studio 7 alows to separate Audio track from Video Track such as Adobe Premiere function unlink audio from video.

2- Can I use some other MPEG codec with Pinnacle Studio rather than built-in one, if yes then how.

Thanks for the answers.
    There is a work around for separating the audio from the video.
    Create your project an make it as an audio file only.
    Turn down the volume of the video track to zero.
    Add the audio track you 'made' to one of the two other audio tracks.
    Make the project.

You cannot use another mpeg codec with Studio, however you can make your project as an (DV) AVI and then use a different MPEG encoder/transcoder to transcode the saved AVI file.

As for stability, I am using Studio 7 with the latest patch and have no problems. Also, I find that the default DVD setting produces good streams, the VCD streams are crap.
    The Unofficial VMagic Support Site
    http://vmagic.unimatrixhub.net
    Quote Quote