VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi friends,

please help me

i have a TV series a set of 15 episodes (avi files) each 150MB
    i want to make all the 10 episodes to a DVD with each episode as a menu item.
    that makes the start menu of my DVD with 10 clickable menus separately and also can be played continuously as a single DVD.

is this possible

i tried convertXtoDVD and others, but these programs are making each episode a 10 clickable sub-menus, which i don't want. i wish each episode be one single sub-menu on the DVD startup screen.

also SIZE is the biggest problem for me. each episode when converted is coming up to 600MB , thus making only 4 or 5 episodes fit to my DVD

please help me

(i hope i explained my problem clearly)

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Forget the size of the avi files. It means nothing when you convert to DVD.

Filesize = running time x bitrate.

What is the total combined running time of your 10 episodes ?

You can use a bitrate calculator and the total combined running time to work out what bitrate you need. The lower it gets, the more the quality drops. You can compensate somewhat by lower resolution, even to as low as VCD resolution (and quality), but if you want quality, you may have to put less episodes on each disc.

Also, if you have to get down to this level, you have to leave the one-click-wonders behind and get your hands dirty.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do this frequently.

10 25 min episodes is quite possible.

Using this freeware:
    Avisynth
    FitCD
    HCEnc
    BeSweet, ffmpeggui
    GuiforDVDAuthor
    ImgBurn
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by AlanHK
    I do this frequently.
    Me too!

Originally Posted by AlanHK
    Using this freeware:
    Avisynth
    FitCD
    HCEnc
    BeSweet, ffmpeggui
    GuiforDVDAuthor
    ImgBurn
    I've with you on most of that - albeit I use filmmachine to do the conversion (so uses avisynth, and I choose HC for encoding). I also author with GUI_for_dvdauthor and burn with imgburn.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks a lot guys , i am going to try them now, and will see u soon with some success , i hope

thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have done this recently as well. I used FAVC (it has options to select HC or Quenc as the encoders). It also has a mechanism where you don't need to set the bitrate. Bit rate is calculated automatically based on the total duration of all your titles combined. The final output from FAVC is your 'ready-to-burn' DVD Folder (containing Audio_TS & Video_TS).

But FAVC allows menus only if the number of titles is less than or eqal to 8.

Since I had 10 titles, I went to its Temporary folder (where it saved the m2v & ac3 files for all my titles), copied them to a separate folder. And then I used those m2v & ac3 files in a free authorig program like DVDFlick to make menu & author. Final DVD is burnt with Nero or ImgBurn. You can use GuiForDVDAuthor for authoring (making menus) as well.

250 minutes of video on a single layer DVD is not going to look good on a big LCD or Plasma TV. It looks reasonably fine on a CRT-based TV.
    Last edited by nharikrishna; 9th Mar 2011 at 03:47.
    Quote Quote