VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I had a film that didn't let its subs ripped by vobsub. Vobsub didn't find the key. I tried everything and in the end I demuxed the sup files using pgcdemux and converted them to idx/vob using subtitle creator.

Now I have four idx/vob files with the four subtitle languages of the film.

Is there a way to join these four idx/vob files into just one?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What do you mean by 'join'? You can put each of them into a separate subtitle stream on a DVD, then you can choose the language you like during playback. But as you have just ripped the streams from a DVD, what is the 'final' purpose for the subs?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    Thanks for answering. I wanted to have all the streams in one idx/sub file in order to play the divx avi with my standalone that can read that vobsub format.

I ripped separatedly with pgcedit because vobsub ripper didn't work with that title.

Anyway I've just found that I can put all the streams in just one idx/sub file using other subtitle creator option.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

To do this, just save your different streams to the same VobSub file name and SubtitleCreator will ask you if you want to add each stream at the end of the same VobSub file. It will also ask you for the stream language if the original file was a SUP or a SRT file (it will automatically use the language of the stream if it's a VobSub stream).

Cheers
    Manusse
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VobsubMuxer does exactly what you want
    8)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by trustfm
    VobsubMuxer does exactly what you want
    8)
    I had some problems with this program. It muxes the subtitles, but the palette is not preserved and I also noticed that the original subtitles are shown upper.
    Greetings,
    Fede
    Quote Quote