VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Ricoh Caplio R5 digital still camera, but it also takes NTSC movies in an MJPEG format. I can view the movies fine on a Kaiser Baas digital photo frame and in Windows XP.

However, I want to trim some of the clips and add a couple of titles before showing them on the digital photo frame. I use Video Studio 10, but its MJPEG codec is not recognised by the photo frame, besides the file ends up huge. I have tried the Morgan MJPEG codec to output the file. The video plays as a narrow band instead of full screen ont he photo frame.

I wondered if anyone had any idea which specific MJPEG codec would be campatible with whatever Ricoh have used (must be fairly standard amongst digital still cameras with movie modes), because I would also like to be able to convert normal DV movies to the MJPEG format so they can be viewed on the digital photo frame.

I have contacted Ricoh help and they have suggested what they can, but are unsure themsleves of a solution.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the same problem. I tried to import the Ricoh R5 AVI file into Premiere 6.5 (RT), Premiere Pro and Premiere Pro 2.0 and was unsuccessful.
    Whjat the heck is going on here? Why does Premiere not all;ow me to import a Digital Camera AVI file?
    Anyone who has a clue, please advise. Thanks-a-million.

Digitizeitall
    Quote Quote