VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, I have a LifeView FlyDVB-T PCI Hybrid card and it work fine. But when I install the lifeview software to view any TV or AV it doesnt work correctly. As the software is starting, good ol XP send me a error message and then it shuts down after I click ok. And theres no way around it!!!
    I d/l Beyond TV and it works fine as a shareware for now. TV works fine. I canno't figure how to watch AV on it tho. All cabels are connected correctly. Can someone please fill me in or point me into the correct direction with the lifeview software.

Cheers Luke.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your supposed to install the software and drivers for the device first .
    Then shutdown pc , remove power cord , install card .
    Reboot and go from there .

By installing the software after the event , which was already working , you messed it right up .

You need to uninstall the driver's and software , then
    Shutdown pc , remove power cord , remove device .

Reinstall the program and the driver's .
    Shutdown pc , remove power cord , reinsert card .
    Restart , and away you go after xp has seen the device and is happy with it .

Just beware of the limitation's of pci slot organization ... sometime's you need to follow the correct unistall procedure , before retrying a differnt pci slot , in the case the card isnt working well .

Onboard agp / apg slot / pci1 = do not use pci1
    Pci2 / pci3 = you may only fit one addon pci card between these two slot's
    Pci4 / pci5 = same as for above .

Not following these note's can cause system conflict's and / or damage to device's .

=============

In the software once it's running , in settings switch to VTR ... forget the tuner's , they cant find crap ... which would mean video in to the device , and audio in via pc's line-in only (you might need some cable's / converter's) ...

Best via vcr output to split the signal ... cleaner picture quality this way ... vcr remote to change between channel's .

=============

If you dont have sp2 installed , you need to apply a patch for capture device's which was broken when ms fixed a security problem with midi ... do a search for xp midi security should turn that old thing up somewhere ... I just dont recall the kb off hand .
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok thanks for the help but it didnt work at all. I done EXACTLY what you said twice, and still didnt chanhe a thing.

removed software and card. reinstalled software, shut down, power cord out then installed card, rebooted. No go

Any other ideads people? Or software that will record AV thats free?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    We are in pal , and no answer to the "sp2" question ... we also need to check if directx9 is a problem , which might be the cause ... here's the old info .

DirectX 9.0b was released onn 7/23/03 to address the MIDI security issue identified in bulletin MS03-030. A small number of non-security fixes were also included in the release. One of these fixes caused several TV Tuner capture card/driver combinations using video formats other than NTSC (NTSC-J, PAL, SECAM) to no longer initialize correctly on Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003. Symptoms include loss of capture functionality and potential inability to set/retain device capture settings.

This hotfix, documented further in Knowledge Base article 825116 (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=825116), has been issued to correct the flaw.

System Requirements
    Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
    DirectX 9.0b installation.

Download: Non-NTSC TV Tuner Hotfix for DirectX 9.0b (KB825116)
    (http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/9/fc9b3b60-d7d4-42c6-ac64-f28ea70fabb9/Dire...16-x86-ENU.exe)

Should be still available ... was 12 month's ago cause someone else needed it .

This bugger affected lifeview , wintv , asus , and other's ... including camera's ... even if you have a later version of directx9 already installed , it's worth while to apply this patch and try again ...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok once agin thany you very much for the advice, unfortunatly it didnt work. I also upgraded to DirectX9.0c but noting has changed. The XP Send/Dont Send Error still comes up when i run the Lifeview program to watch tv.

Is there any other program ou there that captures TV/AV for free??
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would have uninstalled the software and driver's , shutdown pc , remove device , fireup pc , apply the direct9 patch , then reboot , install lifeview software , shutdown , install card , fireup once more ... bring video in via rac to capture device , audio from rac to line-in on pc sound only ... fireup lifeview , set to vtr , set remaining recording standards (pal-bhp or what ever ... just dont recall them off hand , audio settings and video scale) ... then close that program ... and use something else like nero record , ulead videostudio , windvd (there's a recording product) , sony vegas ... or anything else .

If the patch is not applied in the correct order ... it will plague the crap out of you ... it drove me nutt's a few time's before ... but I moved onto avermedia ... no more problem's .

As this is partially related to directx9 , and as you say , you have one program actually capable of capturing from the device , but unable to preview (watch) ... I would be very suspicious of your current vga driver's causing the problem ... worth checking for either an updated vga package to install , or even use an older package ... same crap we had to do with asus vivo card's ... a nightmare with macrovision .

You could mess about with video acceleration and trim it back and see what happen's ... though this shouldnt do anything ... knowing that ms os's are screwed from conception from day one , almost anything is possible .

Right click desktop , select properties , then settings , followed by the advance button .
    Go to troubleshot , and slide the selector to the left , hit apply , then ok .

Try again .

Very strange ... check this out : http://www.winavi.com/en/download/download.htm

The so called free full version at the bottom , comes with a text file ... the first line contains the user name , and the second the registration key , and it's all your's for free .

Just might be worthy in your case ... I just tested it , and it seem's reasonable ... for free .
    Quote Quote