I've a problem with a DVD movie, when DVD Decrypter ripping I get 'Pack Header Not Found' errors till it says 'Arrrrgggh! Too Many 'Pack Header Not Found' Warnings!' despite this it still rips the full disk of approx. 4GB. However DVD Shrink won't load it and when I try playing it in anything (WinDVD, VLC, et al) it won't play beyong 1min 50 secs.
I tried recreating the IFOs using IFO Edit, tried blanking with VOB Blanker, tried fixing with FixVTS, and re-ripping with RipIt4Me (running FixVTS again) none seemed to get a result past 1min 50secs, and some only outputted 1 VOB of consistant size as to only contain 1min 50secs of video/audio.
The DVD won't play beyond 1min 50secs on my standalone player either (I was hoping to bypass this with the ripping). When I --just now-- tried playing the second VOB file of the title set with VLC, no video, audio, or timing info appeared and an ominous progress bar slid accross the application in about 10 seconds.
I guess this DVD is un-repairable - maybe doesn't even have proper data in it's 4GB of files but wondered if any gurus had any suggestions?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Originally Posted by rvelez
i had a 'Pack Header Not Found' errors till it says 'Arrrrgggh! Too Many 'Pack Header Not Found' Warnings" happened to me once when i ran dvddcrypter. that was cause cause i had anydvd running in the background with a sony arcoss protected dvd. i turned off anydvd and then i reripped the movie. don't remember what the movie was.
Originally Posted by ladyb1998
what was the movie?
That "error" message is really a warning message, and can occur as a result of copy protection removal, or a damaged/faulty disk. In DvdDecrypter, from version 184.108.40.206 on, you can turn it off by going to Tools - Settings - and on the General tab, put a checkmark next to "Hide Pack Header Warnings". Of course, that won't fix the problem, it just makes it that you won't see the warnings anymore.
Ignoring the pack headers for the moment, it sounds like the dvd is just really damaged beyond repair (or salvage). If it isn't something irreplaceable, you might want to just give it a proper burial, and let it go.
If you want to try everything possible, and recover anything you can, this thread has some last ditch repair steps that LIGHTNING UK! suggested. In your case, it seems the only thing that might possibly work would be to follow the steps in this post using a hex editor to manually put the start code and PACK identifier fields into fake pack headers, and zero out the rest of the header and pack. Needless to say, any pack treated that way isn't going to contain real data, but it might let you get past a small bad area.
Originally Posted by VegasBud