VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello , I use Nero 6 to burn mp3 cd's.Nero came with the DVD-RW I purchased , well , I have always used them to burn the cd's but as of yesterday I cant burn anything , I get a 'Communication Failure'.

Ive tried a firmware upgrade for the DVDRW but have already got the latest version plus I uninstalled it through Device Manager and restarted the computer , tried another burn but the same error showed up once again.

Anyone know what to do or what to try ?

thanks

geo
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Will it play CDs and DVDs?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    geo g,

Probably the first step would be to take a look at this section at the Nero web site. It gives Nero's take on the error message you're getting. Since they wrote the program, they would have the best understanding of the circumstances that would cause that error message to be displayed.

If that doesn't help, posting a burn log should help us to see what's wrong.

Welcome to VideoHelp.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have encountered and solved this problem at least in my specific situation. I could read and rip fine but burning would fail almost immediately with communicatiosn failure.

Turns out in a google search I came upon another forum and the problem was the IDE CABLE. the newer drives require 80 pin cables The system had 40 pin cables. I replaced the cable and its working fine now.

the difference is the 40 pin cables the connectors are all black. The 80 pin has blue grey and black connectors.

Once I did that my problem went away.
    Quote Quote