VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm encoding AVIs for use on a Palm and the volume of the audio is just too low (I watch/listen on a train!) -- is there any way to increase the volume? There's an "audio gain" drop menu but it's greyed out. It's part of a "normalise audio" section, also greyed out.

Input is mp3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 32 kb/s, output is mp3, 48000 Hz, 96 kbps, but changing audio output values doesn't make those options active as far as I can see.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use a mencoder preset.
    Quote Quote  
  3. That worked! Thank you. Good to know.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sorry but i couldnt find the option that you talked about above(mencoder preset), where is it located on the ffmpegX window...thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    See this screenshot.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks a lot!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am also trying to boost the volume so I can hear better on an Archos media player. As suggested in this thread I have tried using mencoder and the "audio gain" setting but it does not have any effect. I set to max +9 gain but still no volume increase over the default setting. Am I missing something else? Source is VIDEO_TS (VOB, AC3) folder and I am encoding with DIVX mencoder preset. When I use DVDFab on a Windows machine I typically set audio gain to 250%. Would like to be able to get similar results with ffmpegX (or other Mac OS utility) if possible... in one step without having to separately demux/mux the audio.
    Quote Quote