VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. I have done the above process for recording a live streaming using VLC 1.0.2, but the error is here

Your input can't be opened: VLC is unable to open the MRL 'mms://stream.securewmlivesvc.vitalstreamcdn.com/live_secure_stream_geo_tv_geovideo'. Check the log for details.

Kindly help for this issue. Thanks a lot in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    VLC does not support all mms streams like drm encrypted.

You have try other tools to record the stream, https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/video-streaming-recording
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nathanbrauer View Post
    Here is the up-to-date screenshot instructions on how to save video streams (or mms:// videos) to a file using VLC Media Player.
    This uses VLC 1.0.0 but should work the same in the new 1.0.1.

Thanks-
    This worked great on a MMS stream of a .wmv file
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm having difficulty recording this stream:
    mms://wms3.visionip.tv/RevelationTV?MSWMExt=.asf

Can anyone help? Records the audio but not the video...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I am an orthopedic surgeon in prague and would like to capture streaming video from The University of Arizona using vlc
    the link is mms://stream08.ahsc.arizona.edu/video/2009/06/22/SMC2009_06_22.wmv

Thanks for the help
    Nicholas
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use vlc player to stream and it works great
    Quote Quote  
  7. I tried using VLC 1.1.1 to download mms video streams but it always crashed or only downloaded the audio, so I tried Net Transport and voila - perfect results every time.
    It has a drop box which makes everything so much easier as well!

Last edited by 1nd1g0; 28th Jul 2010 at 02:52. Reason: color
    Quote Quote  
  8. At first I had some problems recording with it but I downloaded the newest version of vlc player, followed your instructions and it worked. So for those of you who can't get this working maybe downloading the most recent version would help.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

I tried to use VLC to save stream videos (WMV's) and, after several different attempts, all I can save were just the audio, no video. Can anyone please provide some pointers? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by letaj777 View Post
    Originally Posted by nathanbrauer View Post
    Here is the up-to-date screenshot instructions on how to save video streams (or mms:// videos) to a file using VLC Media Player.
    This uses VLC 1.0.0 but should work the same in the new 1.0.1.
    Thanks-
    This worked great on a MMS stream of a .wmv file
    thanks you too, it worked on vlc 114 ass well
    i was about to pm baldrick when i had the idea to llook further ....
    Looking for subtitles of: Höök tt0997023, Lime tt0269480, La clé sur la porte tt0077348. tt=iMDb.com Found Desideria tt0081724 subtitle! :-)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Version = VLC media player 1.1.10

I've successfully been recording clips of the stream from mms://wms.carnyxlive.co.uk/abernethy/.avi (an osprey nest in Scotland) for several weeks - however, over the past couple of days the start of recording has been delayed for several seconds after the Record button is hit.

I haven't changed any settings and an e-pal is having exactly the same experience, we can't think why this is happening. Do you think that VLC is not recording from the stream I am seeing it display on my screen, but from a delayed stream in the background? That's nutz isn't it?

Maybe someone would be kind enough to test it out and see if they get the same result?

clemenzina
    Quote Quote  
  12. Has anyone come up with an answer to the question about recording only part of the stream?

I have a stream that is over 7 hours long, and I want to save just 5 minutes at the end of the stream. I've successfully downloaded the section with VLC, by simply moving to that part of the stream when I start recording. But when I try to convert it to .mp4 the audio and video are out of synch.

Any creative approaches to this problem?

Thanx.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most of the video live streams have a delay between the video and the audio track. When playing the stream live the player programme usually considers this delay to enable a synchronized performance. On the other hand apparently the programme you have used to convert the recorded stream was assuming the video and audio stream to be synced. If you use the programme MediaInfo you can obtain the delay of the audio track. If you use this delay with a video editing programme like Virtualdub (with AviSynth) then you may cut the piece of the clip you like and also apply the correct audio delay you should have found using MediaInfo to convert this piece of clip into the format you want with synced tracks.

Schmendrick
    Quote Quote  
  14. Thanks Baldrick for the very informative guide to save the streaming asf.

Although my VLC version doesn't look like the screenshots, I managed to get them to save in my computer and play with WMP. Unfortunately, I'm unable to burn the files to CD.

These are the steps I've done :-
    Under Convert/Save, I copy the mms: ...asf link, save it as .mp4 However, when I try to burn a CD it displays that the file is not supported. My files are all audio files (songs) and no videos at all.

I also downloaded SUPER to try to convert to other formats but I'm not sure how to or what to choose as output.

Would appreciate all the help I could get from you.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to watch pro cycling at http://www.procyclinglive.com/livestream/ will the vlc work?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Schmendrick @ #43 - Thank you for that info
    Quote Quote  
  17. Can someone please help me out related this LInk below

I want to download video from this website and I want to play in Vunow box also call as JadooTv

http://watchindian.tv/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=184
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm getting "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at watchindian.tv"
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by clemenzina View Post
    I'm getting "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at watchindian.tv"

Hello, Thank You for getting back with me. I'm using also Firefox I click on link I posted and I can play live Video. Try this link below try to click on it. Thanks

http://watchindian.tv/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=184
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's my security software blocking it. Can't figure out how to unblock, sorry
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I found this forum while doing a google search. I have been trying to use the vlc player to stream and capture this video.

mms://salemnet.wmod.llnwd.net/a3186/o29/messianicvision/sn3-1-07.wmv

I was wondering if any of you could help me out. Also if this is copy written, I only want to have the file so that I can show it on our large TV once. After that, I will delete it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gregoryshock View Post
    ... I have been trying to use the vlc player to stream and capture this video.

Hi
    This is the command for Windows XP.
    Maybe your system is similar.
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" "mms://salemnet.wmod.llnwd.net/a3186/o29/messianicvision/sn3-1-07.wmv" --sout="#std{access=file,mux=asf,dst='sn3-1-07.wmv'}" vlc://quit
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bat999 View Post
    ... I have been trying to use the vlc player to stream and capture this video.

Hi
    This is the command for Windows XP.
    Maybe your system is similar.
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" "mms://salemnet.wmod.llnwd.net/a3186/o29/messianicvision/sn3-1-07.wmv" --sout="#std{access=file,mux=asf,dst='sn3-1-07.wmv'}" vlc://quit
    You guys are above my head smart when it comes to this program! Normally I find this program confusing. Too many features for someone that doesn't understand enough of what they all mean.

Bat999 -

I'm really really new to this. Where do you want me to put that command line? Are you using the cmd command line?
    Last edited by gregoryshock; 22nd Jul 2012 at 20:27.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Where do you want me to put that command line? Are you using the cmd command line?
    Hi
    Yes, use the cmd command line.

I am not a Windows 7 user.

Maybe read some guides like this ---> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Command-Prompt-frequently-asked-questions
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Where do you want me to put that command line? Are you using the cmd command line?
    Hi
    Yes, use the cmd command line.

I am not a Windows 7 user.

Maybe read some guides like this ---> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Command-Prompt-frequently-asked-questions
    For the most part I know how to use a command line. I'm not sure exactly why you put quotes around your command line. As far as I know Dos doesn't recognize "" around things. Anyways after I removed all the quotes, and press enter, the player comes up and does this:

http://youtu.be/2qZ2RVMo9vI
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Anyways after I removed all the quotes, and press enter, the player comes up and does this:

That's correct.
    Now wait 19 minutes for it to download.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyways after I removed all the quotes, and press enter, the player comes up and does this:

That's correct.
    Now wait 19 minutes for it to download.
    Where is it going to download too? Please give me an idea of the general location.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AWESOME GOT IT! It was under program files (x86)\videolan\vlc Thank you so much! btw I worked on trying to get this file all Friday. I tried various programs, and ended up crashing my computer. The computer is ok now, I think. But I had to do a roll back, and re install lots of programs etc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hi can someone help me on how to record from educational website, where i get audio and video on request.
    Quote Quote