VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!

Could someone please help me / point me in direction of a tutorial telling me how to add subtitles in kanji, romaji and english?

Like this:

I am using media subtitler, but it doesnt allow me to write kanji. It also only allows me to add one line of subs at a time.
    I know of a program where i can make hardsubs. Is that how you would add three subtitels? You make one at a time, then turn the soft sub into a hard sub?

I have read posts in this forum, but cant seem to find any answers.
    If someone could help me out i'd really appreciate it!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to do add some Japanese subtitles to my videos as well. When I open the SSA file that the translator gave me in Notepad it looks fine. However when I open it with Subtitle Workshop or Media Subtitler the translation contains different characters. I've installed the Japanese language support and tried various font combinations and spent all day searching the web and readings posts on this site but I cannot figure out how to make the translation look right on the subtitle.

Any tips? Please?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Please tell us more about your problem if you want some help. Do you want to add your subtitles to DVDs? Is it for DivX? Is it for a PC? Or a Stand Alone Player?

Manusse
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I also want to know since the subtitle that I created (as soft sub .ass) display "a@#$@!@#" on the movie. I also tried to export the subtitle and chose the "Shift JIS". I also tried to set the font to be "MS UI Gothic" since it can read the Japanese and it doesn't work. I used the Aegisub for making my subtitle. What I want to do is to make the karaoke but I don't want to hard sub it. Please advice.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After searching through the forum of the "Aegisub" now I found the solution. I just need to upgrade the DirectVobsub. That's all ..... (The old version that I had in my computer is version 2.23. Now I upgrade it to be 2.37. Hope that this reply can help those who has the same problem as mine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What SekundeS wrote fixed the problem for some time, but now i have the same problem again.

I bought a new computer and I am installing everyhing over again, and i come across the same problem.

I use aegisub to sub in kanji (japanese letters), then virtualdubmod (with textsub) to attach the file (which is in .ass)
    The kanji show up as all jibberish: a@#$@!@#

I downloaded the latest version of vobsub, but it will only let me attach ssa files (not ass). Maybe that is the problem?
    I tried so many different solutions i don't remember what i have done..

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I've tried to figure it out for days, but i am at ways end..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I figured it out! FINALLY!!

In case anyone else have asimilar problem, all that needed to be done was this:

1 download textsub by gabest
    2 when choosing filter > ok, it says "character set" at the bottom. Choose "SHIFTJIS (128), and it displays the characters.

I can't believe that was all there was..
    Quote Quote