VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Removed Clipping protection when applying Replay Gain to MP3 & AAC audio streams.

As a result you "may" experience clipping depending on your audio hardware...but db from one video to the next should be much closer now.

Should you run into clipping and not caring for it...this is completely reversible, as Replay Gain is only applied to the header of the MP3 & AAC streams.

Simply find the AACGain line in the source code and change it from:
    Code:
    aacgain.exe /s r /c /r
    To
    Code:
    aacgain.exe /s r /k /r
    Then recompile and run your vid's back through the script.
    Last edited by Nologic; 18th Jan 2013 at 23:51. Reason: Removed Old Link
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    did test this latest version:

- Without scoring force or force MKV MP4 end result is always MKV video
    - MPG format MP4 force or work force MKV, videos with volume greater or less than 89dB's were normalized
    - Force AVI or MP4 MKV force did not work, videos with volume greater than 89dB's were normalized, with a volume less than 89dB's not been standardized
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay the constant MKV container problem "should" be resolved.

Keep in mind a MKV file will still be created for other containers with the exception of MP4 in the cases where a Subtitle is merged into the video container and/or the audio is converted to AAC.
    Last edited by Nologic; 18th Jan 2013 at 23:51. Reason: Removed Old Link
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tests:

MPG OK ==> converted to MKV MPG normalized audio or less and greater than 89dB's

MP4 files OK ==> converted to MKV MPG normalized audio or less and greater than 89dB's

MP3 files OK ==> converted to MKV MPG normalized audio or less and greater than 89dB's

AVI files failed ==> converted to MKV or MPG normalized's just greater than 89dB, 89dB lower that's not standard
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Reverted change to ReplayGain protection...it's enabled again...I got bit way to much by clipping.
    Progress TrayTip enhanced to give more feedback.
    Tweaked Folder Browse button to behave more like whats expected.
    Last edited by Nologic; 18th Jan 2013 at 23:52. Reason: Removed Old Link
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there!

Are there any other cool programs out there that can batch process a folder of DivX files to match volume levels as much as possible?
    I suppose I can try out the script that started this topic in the first place, but I would imagine there are several software programs out there since 2007 that can essentially do the same thing. Am I right? L=.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Nologic made ​​a script to generate lists that can be useful in this script I used information taken from the UDF _FileSearch, this list is generated almost instantly, to generate a list of 6475 took one second, also tested it in my catalog of songs and 36949 files list was generated in 11 seconds.

Link download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=73NCROHD
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ Nologic had any more news about that problem with AVI?
    What about converting MP4 files and not write the file knows what causes this?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hello I'm new here. Thanks alot for the efforts of normalizing audio of multiple video files. Nologic would it be possible to implement a text file or something which will check if a file already have been normalized. That way you could run your program for your entire movie collection without taking the same files more than once and run it as more movies arrive? I know its is a feature but just a suggestion how I find this program could be improved.
    Another thing is when choosing "Direct Replace" it only replaces the file if its the same format (like mkv and mp4. If you do a flv or avi file both files wil be side by side, is this by purpose. I think it might be nice if you could make an option to replace either way, so avi files will be replaced by the new mkv or mp4 file.
    Anyway I wanted to say thanks for a great app and wanted to give my support and some suggestions if you are still working on the tool.

Thanks for listening.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ luisallen -

Well I know Belini has some links to some shareware that does this sort of thing...but I don't recall Divx being listed or not.

You can add Divx containers to the script if you so like...and give it a go...since they are just AVI containers...or at least were last time I looked into them.

Please note I've been having issues with Divx video streams...sometimes things work fine...other times not...not sure what the problem is...I'll likely have to post a bug report with FFMpeg.

@ Belini -

Not as of yet...been busy and there can be a number of reason's it failed sadly.

@ franner1984 -

I can see about a log checking routine...it'll slow things down a bit...but probably not as much as redoing vid's that have already been done.

hmm Direct Replace is suppose to nuke the original no matter what file extension it has. I'll have to double check that.

Again it's going to be a bit before I bang out any new code.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Sounds great Nologic and good too hear you might gonna look into it.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @Nologic I'm ok using any program to batch convert .avi files too. Still trying to get 'AVI Gain Beta' to work for me. I'm using Win7 operating system and I end up with an empty 'completed' folder.

@Belini Are there any freeware suggestions that can batch process a folder of .avi/.divx files for volume leveling/normalizing?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Framer 1984:
    Nologic would it be possible to implement a text file or something which will check if a file already have been normalized. That way you could run your program for your entire movie collection without taking the same files more than once and run it as more movies arrive?
    To solve this I made a function that moves the original file to another folder after being converted leaving only those who have not yet been converted.

Luisallen:
    @Belini Are there any freeware suggestions that can batch process a folder of .avi/.divx files for volume leveling/normalizing?
    Unfortunately I know of none that can normalize these files in batch , the best we've found is that despite having VideoGain problems with AVI extension can normalize other batch files perfectly, unfortunately do not have enough knowledge to help solve this problem with AVI, try this here: http://www.daydayvideo.com/download/DDVideo-Video-to-MP4Gain.exe more I have used myself and did not like and did not convert in batch.

@ Nologic have not found the cause of the problem saving in MP4 format, tested on three different machines saved one normal and two did not save, did a fresh install of Windows without any changes did not save more, the normal process is complete the folder is created more time to finalize the MP4 file is not created.

Last edited by Belini; 21st Dec 2011 at 12:16.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was finally able to use 'AVI Gain Beta' just fine. I'm very pleased and satisfied with the results thus far.
    Going to recreate a new batch of Youtube vids and attempt to alleviate another issue I've been having... specifically, the flashing green bars that tend to happen when there's a black background in the video. I understand that right-clicking on flash videos, choose settings, and un-checking the box for 'enable hardware acceleration' can solve this issue.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was finally able to use 'AVI Gain Beta' just fine. I'm very pleased and satisfied with the results thus far.
    I merely use 'file re-namer' app to convert file extensions in a folder from .divx to .avi and vice versa.
    Never realized the files were so interchangeable in that way...

I'm still unable to get 'AVI Gain Beta' to work when I have spaces in the names of the .avi files.
    I'm wondering if I missed a newer version of the app or need one of the many .bat files used during the evolution of the work in progress.
    While reading from the beginning of this thread, it was frustrating to see so many download links now gone. Perhaps a refresher course is needed in order for any newbies going forward is needed. A list of steps for the latest/greatest version would be greatly appreciated for use newbies. Kudos to everyone making this a huge time-saver!! You guys should commercialize on your hard work.

Going to recreate a new batch of Youtube vids and attempt to alleviate another issue I've been having... specifically, the flashing green bars that tend to happen when there's a black background in the video. I understand that right-clicking on flash videos, choose settings, and un-checking the box for 'enable hardware acceleration' can solve this issue.
    Last edited by luisallen; 21st Dec 2011 at 11:58.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I made some more changes, put some automatic options, removed and added some other options if someone wants to make any improvements and will be mainly to solve the problem of not saving files converted to MP4

Link download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GM6K5HV9
    Last edited by Belini; 26th Dec 2011 at 17:05.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Would it be possible to translate the updated thigs to english or you only plan to having it in brazil (I guess its brazil as your locations says it).

Another thing I thought about, are you thinking on making it work for other files than avi. I know it detect some mkv (if codec are right) and will fix the audio, but it would be nice I think if it detects error (not right codec or something) and have another solution for those files?

Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The options that are in Portuguese are the same in the script posted by nologic done, basically what I did was change the look of it and adds the opoções to save the original video file and the standard elsewhere, I will still do the translation and put for you, who spoke about the changes unfortunately did not have enough knowledge to make and I'm also hoping that nologic able to resolve.
    Quote Quote  
  19. alright sounds great
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Last edited by Belini; 26th Dec 2011 at 17:04.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Just tested the link, its unavailable.
    Thanks for translate your work and the time taken.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    do not know what happened to the link becomes unavailable, here's the new link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GM6K5HV9
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello to all, someone has managed to improve something in the script?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Link does also not work.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do not know why this happens, I have uploaded on 2 servers now:

Link 1: http://www.4shared.com/rar/qlpOAspx/VGain.html
    Link 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GPOWTFDQ
    Quote Quote  
  26. thank you sooo much. this time it worked. Have a great " Happy New Year" and thanks for all your superb work!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A happy 2012 to you all well, happy holidays.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    New build:

Okay this has updated:
    FFMpeg
    x264
    MKVToolNix

I have decided to revert to using x264 while the file size and encode time differ little from FFMpeg there is still a difference...so I'm opting for faster and smaller...since we can be talking hundreds or thousands of files here.

There have been some changes to work better with the newer build of MKVToolNix.
    There are also fixes to Meta data that could cause MP4Box or MKVMerge to fail in building the final file.
    There are also fixes to AACGain that should fix times when AACGain fails to apply Replay Gain to both MP3 & AAC audio streams.

@ Belini -

Have you checked manually to see if MP4Box will import the video streams at all...as that could be the issue right there.

@ franner1984 -

That is an option we'll likely get into at some point if possible...as this might be the issue Belini is running into...so it would be very helpful to know if a stream encode is not compatible

@ luisallen -

*.divx containers are typically slightly enhanced *.avi containers so unless there is something funky going on FFMpeg is able to pull the streams out of it for processing. That said some Divx video stream encodes fail to process...I need to look into this and see if it's something that can be resolved or not.

Also you could edit the source code to allow *.divx file extensions there are a number of other containers this "should" be able to work with...but kind of limited testing do to what I have on hand.

Hmm not sure about going commercial with this since it is very dependent on other applications to do the truly heavy lifting.

As for how to use the version by Belini or myself...each comes with everything needed...prior links or builds are obsolete & unneeded. I've added a very basic ReadMe file with my build...and I think Belini has been packing a ReadMe file in his for some time.

Generally speaking any of the app's in the Bin folder can be updated when a new version comes out...one doesn't "have" to wait till ether of us release a new build. That said sometimes things change and stuff breaks. A recent update to MKVToolNix broke some stuff...which I have since fixed...this however is kind of rare.

Things you may want to change right from the get go is the builds of x264 & FFMpeg if you are on a 64bit OS, as you'll get a boost when encoding...however support for AviSynth scripts will break, but if you don't plan to encode AVS files...then by all means you should use the 64bit builds. Note: I'm unsure if AAC encoding will break when using a 64bit build of FFMpeg but it may very well...so keep that in mind.

@ Everyone -

Ideally the next build will support normalizing AC3 files for those that wish to keep AC3 encodes but have the volume adjusted. This is why in this build you see Sox & WaveGain added to the Bin folder.
    Last edited by Nologic; 18th Jan 2013 at 23:52. Reason: Removed Old Link
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ nologic thanks again for the work done, I will do tests and post the result along with the changes I make.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I could not see which command line I use to convert without using the script?
    Quote Quote