VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16
FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    New build...and I'll leave the old on up for now...as this version no longer supports AVI containers.

v1.46 Beta 14
    ==================================
    Added Single File Drag'n Drop Processing
    Added AC3 Support
    Fixed AVS support
    Fixed Gain when 2 Clips detected in a stream
    Fixed Audio Channel Layout
    Fixed _ColonToDecimal
    Fixed _FFAutoCrop
    Updated MKVtoolNix
    Updated FFMpeg
    Updated x264
    Updated QAAC
    Updated FFMpeg
    Updated MP4Box
    Refactored Video Demux
    Limit Export Containers to MP4 & MKV
    Remove MPEG4Modifier
    Removed Opus
    Replaced _FileListToArrayXT with _FileListToArrayRec
    Made _FFAutoCrop more arressive
    Altered CLI, first pram is ether empty or contains "CloseOthers", all other entries are to be different INI's to process
    Last edited by Nologic; 3rd Jun 2015 at 23:37.
    Quote Quote  
  2. This tool looks perfect for what I would like to achieve. But i am unsure what audio settings to use. I have a bunch of dvds that I converted in handbrake that I would like to smooth out the audio and keep myself from grabbing the remote to turn down the volume when an action scene starts.

The files are h.264 video with aac audio tracks at 160 bitrate in an mp4 container.

What audio settings might you suggest I use? Or is there an online guide I can read? I admit I am a little unsure what encoder would be best to use.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I prefer FHG, but other family members pick Qaac.

I'd suggest VBR of ether, and the ReadMe.txt outlines settings for Quality.

I'd pick ether ReplayGain or R128...non tag versions...as the media player you use may not support the required Tags...for the tag versions.

Well best of luck.
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Nologic View Post
    New build...and I'll leave the old on up for now...as this version no longer supports AVI containers.

v1.46 Beta 14
    OH NO!!!!!!! Please don't discriminate against the AVI container and remove it. Some of us HAVE to use it at this point cause we are too poor to buy new equipment.
    Common, help a brotha out.
    Quote Quote  
  5. when I run the tool and have is scan all the subdirectories, it converts all mp4's and all mp3's. Is there a way to have it convert only the mp4's?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not at present, but I'll add it to the to-do list.
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Nologic, loving your program, using it with my Emby Server library as transcoding to my Sony Bravia does not want to work real time.
    Keen to use the program to scan through my library looking for new videos and fix them up.
    So question is, will it keep doing the same ones over an over if already in mp4, or will it ignore if output is already in the output format?
    And secondly, is there a command line that I could execute automatically from the download program and pass the file to convert?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good to hear.

At present the app has no clue if a file is new or has been processed before. In future versions I may write a meta tag to files that would indicate that the file was processed prior...but that would be still kind of a bad hack.

It does have a command line...but not one exactly meant for that...however we can work around stuff.

First off start VideoGain and set it up with the base values you want to repeatedly use over and over again...then close VideoGain.

Now copy the VideoGain.ini and rename it to Template.ini

Then extract the attached file into your VideoGain folder.

Now do whatever needs to be done to send a file or path to "VideoGain Loader.exe" via your download application.

For example in qBittorrent it would look something like:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoGain\VideoGain Loader.exe" "%f"

This being set in "Options\Downloads\Run an external program on torrent completion"

Keep in mind that this loader of mine, will create a new sub folder called "Temp INI" in your VideoGain folder...that you may want to clean out from time to time. Provided there is nothing cued up for processing.

AutoIt Source Code:
    Code:
    If $CmdLine[0] = 0 OR FileExists( $CmdLine[1] ) = 0 Then Exit

$sTempFolder = @ScriptDir & '\Temp INI\'
    If FileExists( $sTempFolder ) = 0 Then DirCreate( $sTempFolder )

Do
    	$sPath = $sTempFolder & _RandomString() & '.ini'
    Until FileExists( $sPath ) = 0

$sBuffer = FileRead( @ScriptDir & '\Template.ini' )
    $iBuffer = StringInStr( $sBuffer , '[Folders]'  )
    $sBuffer = StringLeft(  $sBuffer , $iBuffer - 1 ) & '[Folders]' & @CRLF & 'Folder_01=' & $CmdLine[1] & @CRLF
    FileWrite( $sPath , $sBuffer )

Run( @ScriptDir & '\VideoGain.exe "" "' & $sPath & '"' )

Func _RandomString()
    	$sString = ''
    	Dim $aSpace[3]
    	For $i = 1 To 15
    		$aSpace[0] = Chr( Random( 65 ,  90 , 1 )) ; A-Z
    		$aSpace[1] = Chr( Random( 97 , 122 , 1 )) ; a-z
    		$aSpace[2] = Chr( Random( 48 ,  57 , 1 )) ; 0-9
    		$sString &= $aSpace[Random( 0 , 2 , 1 )]
    	Next
    	Return $sString
    EndFunc
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Nologic; 25th May 2015 at 17:51.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Perfect, exactly what I was looking for.
    Thanks Nologic, will implement tonight.
    Cheers for that.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks for that, foxidrive. I was looking for a way to get rid of Lmod, as it isn't XP64 compatible.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First off start VideoGain and set it up with the base values you want to repeatedly use over and over again...then close VideoGain.

Now copy the VideoGain.ini and rename it to Template.ini

Then extract the attached file into your VideoGain folder.

Now do whatever needs to be done to send a file or path to "VideoGain Loader.exe" via your download application.

For example in qBittorrent it would look something like:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoGain\VideoGain Loader.exe" "%f"
    Hi Nologic,
    Seem to be having a problem executing from command line, works fine through GUI though.
    Even if I try use the default INI there kicks out an error, so
    VideoGain.exe "" "VideoGain.ini"
    same result...

Line 13351: VideoGain.exe - Error: Variable userd without being declared.

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the bug report...I'll see if I can't fix it by tomorrow...however I might end up redoing the whole command line...so that no loader is needed.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the bug report...I'll see if I can't fix it by tomorrow...however I might end up redoing the whole command line...so that no loader is needed.
    Thanks a mill Nologic, appreciate the help.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    New Build

v1.46 Beta 15
    Used @GUI_WinHandle were applied
    Fixed a GUI State Issue
    Fixed _Folder_Listview_Update to prevent bad files\folders from being added to the ListView
    Minor Code Cleanup of External Subtitles
    Fixed x264 ReadMe file
    Moved location for ReadMe files
    Fixed Command Line
    Some internal optimizations

@ BushBandit -
    This still needs the loader...I'll see about making the CLI more powerful and easier to use in the next version. I'm in the middle of trying to make VG get stuff done faster...some of which requires some head scratching & tinkering. This time around I managed to shave off some memory usage, plus some cpu cycles...and a little less harddrive thrashing...which amounted to saving a few seconds on average.

I really want to get things more in shape...I'm seeing 10% peak cpu usage from my executable...which is a lot when this is basically a frontend to babysit a bunch of executable's. I want to get it down to 2-3% cpu..and like 10mb of memory or less.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks a mill Nologic. The new version with the loader is working like a charm.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good to hear...I found the reason I'm eating up so much cpu...so that's fixed in source...but I've noticed now VG hangs for some reason...both in source and release...and I haven't tracked down why yet...beta 14 and prior...while the gui would some times hang...the app it's self would keep on trucking along.

needless to say I'm pulling out what few hairs I have left.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Nologic. A bug that seems to occur sometimes only.
    Line 14332: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.
    Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does the same error pop up again and again on the same video...or is it completely random?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does the same error pop up again and again on the same video...or is it completely random?
    Nope, can do same video again and all fine. I have noticed it happens far more when doing a folder of videos usually around the 4th or 5th video in the queue. Does not occur much when doing just one video. Wierd.
    Quote Quote  
  20. @Nologic

Thanks for the explanation. My apologies for the late reply.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nine years later and the program still throws out a virus warning.

Infection blocked:

URL: https://forum.videohelp.com/attachments/32042-1433387518/VideoGain%20v1.46%20Beta%2015....|VideoGain.exe

Infection: Win32:Evo-gen [Susp]

Process: C:\Unzipped\Comodo\IceDragon\icedragon.exe
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That is because of your Anti-Virus throwing a false positive because of the UPX compression used by the AutoIt compiler.

Tell you what, have a friend that you trust...or do this yourself on a different system.

Install AutoIt.

Now create a new text file, and change the file extension from .txt to .au3

Open the file with any text editor & paste in the following code:
    Code:
    MsgBox( 0 , 'Greetings' , 'Hello World!' & @LF & 'Nice to Meet You.' )
    Now start Aut2Exe...this is likely labeled "Compile Script to .exe (x64/x86)" under "Start Menu\Programs\AutoIt\"

Set the source inputbox to the script you just created...the destination inputbox should be auto-populated...but edit it by adding the tag (Non-UPX) prior to the file extension.

Now under the Compression menu...make sure UPX isn't selected...and compile the script by pressing the Convert button.

After compile, alter the tag to read (UPX), and make sure that UPX compression is selected in the compression menu...and well compile again.

Now copy the files to the system that is tossing the false positives, and scan both executables, with your anti-virus software.

Keep in mind, you created the contents of the script compiled, thus you know the contents of it, and you know the only diff between the two executables is the compression used to compile them.

The main thing is to make sure to compile these on a different system, than the one tossing the BS warnings...because if they are lazy enough to just detect UPX compression and claim virus or the like...they are also lazy enough to white list anything that says you are the creator of said application.

P.S. According to the forum I joined in 2009...so six years later then.

*Update*
    VirusTotal Scan Results

Hehe by the way...have them scan your demo script as well.

Then rethink what software you should be using for Anti-Virus.
    Last edited by Nologic; 17th Jul 2015 at 20:04.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I knew it was because of the compiler. I just figured Avast would know that it was a false positive by now or you would've found a different compiler. I searched my drives for a back up and found a few.

I thought you could choose a file without doing the whole folder and I thought it chose 89.9 by default. OK, I used Video Gain MP3 which has 02 ticked by default instead of Video Gain which has 90 ticked.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Avast has gone back and forth on detecting UPX.

The compiler I use is fine...as I could set a compiler flag to disable using UPX...but then my executables become larger...for the only reason that some anti-virus makers are being idiots.

So I don't feel like punishing my users...because someone else dropped the ball once again.

This has been going on since like 1996 or so.

Newer builds allow file(s) to be dragged & dropped on the listview...otherwise you are stuck with selecting a folder.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    I can't download video gain 1.37 and avi gain. Help me please with right lonks
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why not use a newer version?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    I want to test both versions. There are very good reviews about version 1.37, which is considered to be as stable and without glitches
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are only two issues with recent builds that I'm aware of:
    1. GUI freezes some times during batch.
    2. FFMpeg dies for unexplained reason hanging the app.

1. is random & annoying but all files are processed.
    2. is rare but when this happens one needs to find the last file processed then go from there.

I have an idea how to solve #1...which may or may not influence #2. #2 in and of it's self I have no clue how to solve the issue...other than detect FFMpeg not being active and logging the issue and continuing to the next file.

Anyways you're in luck I found a copy of 1.37 I normally purge old versions of stuff...but this and a few other versions seems to have escaped my wrath.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Nologic, thank you very much! Members noted that the version 1.40 modifies some video parameters (specifically change the original frame rate of 50 and a little bit cheated). At 1.37 the output is almost the original (otnormalizovanny, of course). So I asked version 1.37
    Last edited by Vseslav; 24th Nov 2015 at 08:57.
    Quote Quote