VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone here i wish to know how can i convert .Mod to dvd format?

Course i have been trying to look for a converter but i find it...

kindly please give me some advise..

Thanks.....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Where did you get the .mod file from? If from a DVD recorder, try changing the extension of a copy of the file from .mod to .mpg and see if you can play it. If so, drop it into Gspot 2.60 and see if it is DVD compliant MPEG-2 video. If so, just author it to DVD and burn. If not, you will need to re-encode it to DVD compatible MPEG-2.

You might want to DL VLC Media Player as it will play most anything with it's own codecs. Well worth downloading.

For the DVD format and specification, see 'WHAT IS' DVD to the upper left on this page. <<<<<<

Other types of .mod files are audio files. If neither of them work, then you might want to drop the file into Gspot 2.60 and post a screenshot here. https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=271697 You can remove the title of the file if wanted.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got the format .MOD from my video cam.

so can i juz change it n burn into dvd?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Some hd camcorders records in .mod files. It's basicly mpeg2 files, so most converters should work fine like all-in-one tools like winavi, convertxtodvd or standalone encoders like tmpgenc xpress. Try rename to .mpg if they wont load it. And your camera should come with some software that you can make dvds from the camera...

And gooogle,
    http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:4ZsWxdSTfyQJ:www.moviecodec.com/topics/5155p4.htm...ient=firefox-a
    Quote Quote