VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have this DVD for my kid. It's an anime. The movie is in Japanese but it has english subtitle. The motion menu is in Japanese as well. I just want to make a copy with this small changes. I would like to keep the original menu and replace the japanese text (in the menu) with english. Everything else would need to remain intact. I've been experimenting with MenuEdit, MenuShrink, NuMenu4u to change the menu text did not come to the required solution.

any help is very much appreciated
    _jelir_
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi-

Here's the procedure, one of them anyway, and probably the best and easiest:

1. Export the original buttons and color schemes with PgcEdit.
    2. Demux all streams of the menu cell with PgcDemux.
    3. Edit the menus however you like.
    4. Mux all streams with MuxMan.
    5. Replace the menu cell with VobBlanker.
    6. Import the original buttons and color schemes with PgcEdit.

It'll require some knowledge of PGCEdit and VobBlanker, but if you do this kind of thing regularly, you'll need to know them anyway. I'm assuming that you have a static menu that you want to edit by adding some English language text to the already existing Japanese text. I won't tell you how to edit the BMPs. You'll have to do that on your own, using some kind of picture editing software.

Come back if you get stuck. If you've never had any experience doing this kind of thing, what you're asking isn't all that easy to do.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'll see what I can do with that.
    thanks alot
    _jelir_
    Quote Quote