VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I have a Durabrand DVD-2005, used by my children. I tend to buy movies from Region 3 at the moment, and with the player set to region 0 I haven't found anything that won't play yet. All in all I'm extremely happy with the player (having cost only a little more than a new release DVD movie!), however some movies play with the english subtitle permanently switched on - I can't get rid of them. Does anyone have this problem and are in a position to offer advice?

Kind regards,
    Cyrill666
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If they can't be changed or switched on/off, they are most likely embedded in the video. There is nothing you can do.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi, I know this thread is really old but I found it while looking for a solution to turning off the subtitles on my Durabrand DVD-2005. I noticed that all our DVDs that had subtitles as an option, had them turned on even when the film's option menu had them turned off.

Some more digging around on the internet revealed that this DVD remote has a subtitles button but we have an One For All universal remote. Anyway, I just kept pressing buttons on the universal remote while the DVD was playing until I found that the Pop-Up button controlled some sort of DVD master subtitles. I cycled through until it showed OFF and we're all sorted.

Thought it might help someone else.
    Quote Quote