VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have connected my dvd via component ,and theres no color.I have another dvd player so i also connected it to the same tv ,and theres same problem,the picture is black and white.What could cause it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you using NTSC output settings on the DVD players into a NTSC TV? If for example, your DVD player output is set for PAL, and you have a NTSC TV, the result is often B&W.

Aside from that, sounds like the component input on the TV is faulty or your color settings for the component input are not adjusted properly. Most TV's allow different color/brightness settings for each seperate input.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What is the model number of the TV set? Are the red-green-blue inputs marked Y, Pb, Pr or Y, Cb, Cr?

DVD player setup menus should be switched to "Component" output and then interlace or progressive scan (depending on the TV).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes at the back it says Y,Pb,Pr.Model is PANASONIC CT-36D12DF 36" CRT tube.I have a Philips dvp640.In the options i set for NTSC and Component output(i also used another dvd thats only NTSC).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vinland
    Yes at the back it says Y,Pb,Pr.Model is PANASONIC CT-36D12DF 36" CRT tube.I have a Philips dvp640.In the options i set for NTSC and Component output(i also used another dvd thats only NTSC).
    The DVD player should set to component video and interlace for that TV set.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thx for help.How do i change the options to interlace?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In the video settings menu there is a setting for progressive scan, I belive the options are on/off. You would want off.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ^^^Thats excatly what i did,and the result is the same
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In the dark the blue/green cables (or the plugs specifically) look the same. I've noticed this when switching cables around. I always need a flashlight otherwise the blue and the green look the same to me.

Maybe you have them swapped? You know blue cable plugged into the green and the green cable plugged into the blue or something like that. I would double check the connection. If that doesn't work try another set of component cables.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have used multiple DVD players and cables and are sure of the menu settings and the connector colors are matched, then the suspect is the TV itself.

Next best connection is S-Video.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thx for help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vinland
    Thx for help
    That's it. You have no more info for us or a "I fixed it" or a "it's still buggered up" or ... ???

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried everything that was suggested and the result is negative.Something must be wrong with my tv .
    Quote Quote