VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Do anyone know any program that can join mov files? I only find programs that join and convert at the same time. I want to have the files joined to one single mov file.
    Quote Quote  
  2. There are many programs that join all kind of files, but not mov files. Is there no Join program that can handle mov?
    Quote Quote  

3. How do you join files with quicktime pro?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One of these might do it for you.
    http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/join-_mov-free.html
    (despite the name of the link...I think they're most all shareware/demo)
    The Devil`s always.....in the Details!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by vico1
    One of these might do it for you.
    http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/join-_mov-free.html
    (despite the name of the link...I think they're most all shareware/demo)
    Hard to find the right program of these that can join mov to mov. It take some time to try all of them, therefor I ask for a specifik program.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes...there are a number of apps that will join .mov files, but Not out-put in mov...

MMMM...I wonder if there's any way Ouicktime Pro can work with Avisynth?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Espen
    How do you join files with quicktime pro?
    From QuickTime 7.1 User's Guide:

"With QuickTime Pro, you can easily add one movie to another to make one longer movie.

To combine two movies:
    1. In QuickTime Player, choose Edit>Select All to select the entire contents of the first movie.
    2. Choose Edit>Copy, then open the second movie.
    3. Move the playhead to the point at which you want to insert the movie (usually the very beginning or end of the original movie), and choose Edit>Paste.
    4. Choose File>Save As to name and save the new movie."

I have used this technique many times and it really is very simple.

You should be able to join .mov files with MPEG Streamclip without purchasing QuickTime Pro.

Anthony
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks jonas more...Very informative...

I don't use Quicktime much myself, but it's good to know how
    to properly use it when I do.

Like they say what to do first...RTFM!...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by vico1
    Like they say what to do first...RTFM!...
    LOL!

I've learned to really like QuickTime Pro... it is the only program I have found that works with Windows to easily convert my widescreen DVDs to iPod resolution of 640x480. (at this time Jestreware DVD to iPod has a problem with anything other than full screen).

Now I use it for other purposes and, even though it is a little slow, I must say it is a very good program.

Anthony
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

MOV VIDEO JOINER

My problem is that I can only export my edited movie in pieces from Avid Xpress DV, each chunk is less than 9 min long (<9GB). I need a program to put these big and demanding chunks together. Most freeware programs try to reencode my movies and create image problems (lines in movements etc). I need a lossless MOV JOINER (input and output MOV) that can put my chunks together without loosing a single frame and does so without any qualitative Image loss! Any suggestions are very welcome...!
    My PAL export settings in Avid are the best possible: Compressor: Animation, Best, Millions of Colours.

My workflow
    Avid Xpress DV 2.0 (.mov, .wav)
    MOV Joiner???
    CCE Basic (.mov to mpv/mpeg2)
    Aften (wav to ac3)
    DvdAuthorGui
    ImgBurn

Jan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could join them with Avisynth, using this plugin for input

http://www.tateu.net/software/dl.php?f=QTSource

LoadPlugin("Qtsource.dll")

QTInput("File1.mov", color = 2, quality = 100, audio = false, mode = 0, raw = "yuyv", info = 0, dither = 0)+QTInput("File2.mov", color = 2, quality = 100, audio = false, mode = 0, raw = "yuyv", info = 0, dither = 0)

The above would output YUY , which is what CCE encoder wants. Instead of giving CCE your .MOV files, you feed it the .AVS file with the commands above.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have never used Avisynth. Can you lead me through this? In that case I w i l l buy you a beer when you come to Sweden next time hehe.
    I download Qtsource_0_0_5a_bin to C:Program Files. I download Avisynth 2.5.7 for Notepad and write:

LoadPlugin("Qtsource.dll")
    QTInput("File1.mov", color = 2,quality = 100, audio = false, mode = 0, raw = "yuyv", info = 0, dither = 0)+QtInput("File2.mov", color = 2, quality = 100, audio = false, mode = 0, raw = "yuyv", info = 0, dither = 0)

For file1 I write my filename for the first exported segment and so on for file2.. No audio is used in this setting? (I export and encode audio for itself). Do I then just press enter? Where does the fused movie file show up?

Sincerely,
    Samuel Adams
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1) Download and install Avisynth

2) Download Qtsource (from above link)

3) Download AVSp http://www.avisynth.org/qwerpoi/AvsP_v1.3.7.zip
    (not needed, but a great editor for .AVS files)

4) Unzip Qtsource and place .dll in plugins folder

4) copy commands into AVSp window. Note - Since you copied the Qtsource.dll into the Plugins folder (as above) you DO NOT need to add the LoadPlugin("qtsource.dll") line.

5) Save as MyFirstScript.AVS

6) You should enter the full path to your *.MOV files. Download

http://www.mlin.net/files/PathCopyEx.msi

It will make your life so much easier.

Right-Click on File

Paste Into Script

Voila !

Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I paste the paths but when I press F5 for a preview the window shuts down. I can not find any preview file that have been created.

QTInput("F:\MOV, WAV files\Akram och Haman, Filmen, qtmov, cbr.mov", color = 2, quality = 100, audio = false, mode = 0, raw = "yuyv", info = 0, dither = 0) +QtInput("F:\MOV, WAV files\Akram och Haman, Filmen, qtmov, cbr, 2.mov", color = 2, quality = 100, audio = false, mode = 0, raw = "yuyv", info = 0, dither = 0)

(I have written the paths and pasted them from Microsoft Word because when I try to (right) click the quicktime movie files I get an error and the window with the files is shut down. I also downloaded msvcr71.dll and put it in the avsp folder.)

I can open the file in CCE Basic but when I press "Encode" I get: CCE has generated errors and the program is stuck.

I remember I downloaded avisynth for notepad and try the script in notepad too but the same error message comes up. I saved the log from CCE Basic:
    encoder initialized.
    uncompressed YUY2.
    encoding started at 2007/04/16 15:38:15.

The quicktime file sizes are 9.1+9.2 GB
    The Avsp output file is 315 Bytes
    The CCE output mpv file is 2.5 MB
    The Audio, Video TS output from dvdauthorgui are 0 bytes.

The first time I got a message that this might be a frame size problem, that I didnt have a frame size that was 720*576.

I use Windows 2000 prof without service packs since this works with my editing program.

ANY IDEAS?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

Those commas in the file name and path are bad, possibly confusing Avisynth, since Avisynth uses the "," to separate commands.

Try a test - short file name and a short folder name

F:\testfiles\qtmov1.mov
    F:\testfiles\qtmov2.mov

If your files are crashing when you right click on them,

Try opening this script in AvsP

processing.avs

F5 should give you this:
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got the color bars using the test process script.
    I always open my .mov files from the program I want to use so thats ok.
    I have to do another export because I want to rename the .mov files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Great Good news. Let us know how it goes. You can clean up the long lines in Avisynth like this:

Each Quicktime can be declared a letter or other variable

Code:
    A= QtSource("file1.mov", etc)
    B= Qtsource("file2.mov", etc)

# Declare a variable called Combined to be equal to the 2 files
    Combined= A+B

# Display the results of the algebra
    Return Combined.Spline36Resize(720,576)
    The last line resizes both files to PAL DVD standard.

Of course, you can combine many files

Code:
    A=
    B=
    C=
    D=

Combined= A+B+C+D

Finally, CCE uses YUY color space, which I think QTsource gives it automatically. If not, then your last line should be:

Code:
    Return Combined.Spline36Resize(720,576).ConverttoYUY2()
    -
    In the future, you can use another Avisynth plugin:

http://web.missouri.edu/~kes25c/ColorMatrixv21.zip

Which will fix the color levels when going from RGB to BT601

Return Combined.Spline36resize(720,576).ColorMatrix(mode= "Rec.709->Rec.601").converttoYUY2()
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My new script:

A=QTInput("F:\MOV_WAV_files\AOHqtmov.mov", color = 2, quality = 100, audio = false, mode = 0, raw = "yuyv", info = 0, dither = 0)
    B=QTInput("F:\MOV_WAV_files\AOHqtmov2.mov", color = 2, quality = 100, audio = false, mode = 0, raw = "yuyv", info = 0, dither = 0)

Combined=A+B

Return Combined.Spline36resize(720,576)

When I write this script and press the Preview button I get: "CAVIStreamSynth: System exception - Stack Overflow at 0x0".
    When I leave out the last line Returned Combined... and press preview I get: "The scripts return value was not a video clip".
    When I rewrite the last line to:

Return Combined.Spline36Resize(720,576).ConverttoYUY2()

I get the same CAVIStreamSynth error as in the first case.

Should I export as 601 or RGB before using avsp? The DVD Movie will be played mostly on LCD and normal TV .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, that's a bug in certain builds of Avisynth 2.57 - ""CAVIStreamSynth:" It is more the fault of Qtsource.dll, but we can fix it.

Copy these 3 files into the same folder as your .AVS script. It will read the 2.56 Avisynth first, before finding it in \Windows\system32

Download
    avisynth_256_dlls.rar

I took your script and recreated the folder structure. I don't have an F:\ drive, so I used E:\

1) Put all of the files together just for a test.

2) Your script --> notice the loadplugin("qtsource.dll"). I combined a color and B&W film
    Color

3) CCE says "I like this script !" (hee hee)

Don't Give Up ! This works

Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got the seven files in my MOV_WAV_files folder. The Qtsource.dll I simply dragged from avisynth 2.5.7 plugin folder. My new script:

Loadplugin("Qtsource.dll")

A=QTInput("F:\MOV_WAV_files\AOHqtmov.mov", color = 2, quality = 100, audio = false, mode = 0, raw = "yuyv", info = 0, dither = 0)
    B=QTInput("F:\MOV_WAV_files\AOHqtmov2.mov", color = 2, quality = 100, audio = false, mode = 0, raw = "yuyv", info = 0, dither = 0)

Combined=A+B

In preview window I get:

Loadplugin: unable to load "Qtsource.dll" (F:\Avs_Scripts\preview.avs, line 1).

It seems not to refer to the right folder. The colors are right in the script so it is a copy of yours. I still use avisynth 2.5.7.
    I moved my sript AkramochHamanScript to the MOV_WAV_files folder and then clicked Preview, and got the same CAVIStreamSynth error.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    We must be close to a solution, jan.t. Change to this:

Code:
    SetMemoryMax(512)
    loadplugin("F:\MOV_WAV_files\Qtinput.dll")

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download and unzip into same folder as F:\MOV_WAV_files\

test.zip

1) Open test_script.avs in AvsP and press F5

What version of Avisynth does it say ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SetMemoryMax(512)
    loadplugin("F:\MOV_WAV_files\Qtinput.dll")

A=QTInput("F:\\AOHqtmov.mov", color = 2, quality = 100, audio = false, mode = 0, raw = "yuyv", info = 0, dither = 0)

Combined=A+B

In preview I get: LoadPlugin: unable to load "F:\MOV_WAV_files\Qtinput.dll" (F:\MOV_WAV_files\preview.avs, line 2).

I unzip the test.zip and place the two files in MOV_WAV_files. I open the script in avsp and click preview. (The test file is .avi and not .mov). I get:

AVISource: couldn´t locate a decompressor for fourcc xvid (F:\MOV_WAV_files\preview.avs, line 9)

I will try the three different versions now.
    You know that I appreciate your help very much!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No problem.

Here's 3 versions of the Dlls, along with a small .MOV and avs file.

avisynth_dlls_257alpha.zip

avisynth_dlls_257beta.zip

avisynth_dlls_256.zip

Unzip 1 at a time, open the process.avs file in AvsP and F5. Does any of them work ?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1 I unzipped and inserted/exchanged so that I got all the files in MOV_WAV_files folder. I opened process script and got a green area with black on top and on bottom.

2 Same result.

3 Same result.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Green? That's a start

I'm at a machine running Windows 2000. I'll test it right now.

Every single of of them worked....

If you look at this, every time I hit F5 to show the video, the system goes to these Quicktime files:

1)Uninstall Quicktime

2) Install Quicktime ALTERNATIVE

http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=3384&s=66

http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=3382&s=66
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded quicktime player 7 and get the sign: "Is a funny thing". When I press play in avsp and select quicktime player 7 to play the script I get:

Error -2048: the file is not a movie file.

I get this result with all three alternatives. Shall I install quicktime alternative? I hesitate since deleting quicktime player fully is not recommended, it might cause some applications in avid to malfunction. Quicktime Player 4.1.2 is installed together with avid, and I didnt fully uninstall all applications before installing quicktime player 7. Maybe it doesnt matter, but the file extensions .mov and .avs disappears when I unzip them. My quicktime files are played in a jumpy manner in quicktime player 7, sometimes slows in, jumps forward, and so on. 4.1.2 played my qtfiles flawlessly. Maybe an older version of avisynth or avsp compatible with this qt version would do it..
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    8)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm. That's interesting. I don't want to be the cause of your apps malfunctioning. You could install quicktime Alternative, but specify the installation folder as the same location where regular quicktime was installed before. (does that make sense?).

When Quicktime Alternative asks you for installation location, you would specify

C:\Program Files\Quicktime

NOT

C:\Program Files\QuickTime Alternative\

From the quicktime alt documentation:

"Q: Can I install QuickTime alternative together with iTunes?
    A: Yes you can. However you need to install them in the correct order, otherwise it won't work.

1. Uninstall QuickTime Alternative.
    2. Install iTunes. It will also install QuickTime.
    3. Go to the Windows control panel (a.k.a. configuration) and click on add/remove programs (a.k.a. software).
    4. Uninstall QuickTime
    5. Install QuickTime Alternative."
    Quote Quote