VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Please can anyone tell me if there is a multi-region hack out there for the lg dnx190uh dvd player. Ive already tried a few and they havent worked.I dont know if im just wasting my time looking or what?If anybody can help me it would be greatly appreciated as i am at my wits end. THANK-YOU
    Quote Quote  
  2. 1. Press the Pause button on your remote control
    2. Press the 3 button on your remote control
    3. Press the 1 button on your remote control
    4. Press the 4 button on your remote control
    5. Press the 1 button on your remote control
    6. Press the 5 button on your remote control
    7. Press the 9 button on your remote control
    8. Press the 1 button on your remote control to change the region to 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, and so on, or 0 for multi-region playback
    9. Press the Pause button on your remote control
    10. Power off the DVD player
    11. Power on the DVD player
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you for replying, however we have tried this and nothing pops up after inputting pause,3,1,4,1,5,9. no menu comes up. is there anything that we might be doing wrong or should we use scart connection. the reason being we are using hdmi connection and might not be able to see the menu. I think i'm grasping at straws here i know. You should be able to see the menu whatever connection your using. Again thank you for taking the time in answering
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quite often, newer versions of an existing player have features locked so they can no longer be hacked.

Try buying a region free player.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sorry I didn't own one at the time and grabbed that from another site. I've just bought one and ejecting the drive and hitting 000 on the remote brings up a screen to change the region code. It even plays some R1 Fox discs that my previous player wouldn't play.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thx will try
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TrolleyGuy,

Can you tell me what the production date of your player is? On the cardboard box there is a label giving the month and year, above the Model and serial number. I tried a Sept2006 model and the code 3,1,4,1,5,9 didn't work (and I think I tried the zero code too without success).

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  8. April 2006 mate.

Cheers,
    Dave
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    did u get it to work.

i cant and mine says sept 2006 also?

Please HELP
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    gdutton, I did get 0000 to work on a May2006 player (I looked through a stack of LG boxes in the shop to get this early date).

BUT - I found despite trying a NTSC smoothing hack as well, the player consistantly had a jerky effect on any type of file. It was very random, and not blatent, but very very annoying. Others have made the comment over jerky panning shots.

Upon doing a factory re-set (search the net....) it seemed to cure this for Region2 PAL - but still caused me problems on R1 dvds and many DIVX downloads are ntsc still.

As a result of all this - I have returned the player....... and am now looking for a replacement.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have not noticed the jerkyness when playing divx movies. Maybe the sept2006 has had firmware updated?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have just bought this machine and am well pleased with the picture Quality throw the HDMI but can't get a region hack to work...its a Sept 2006 model....please help!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ohhh meant to say its a UK model...purchased from Currys.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I purchased a LG DNX-190H (with USB?) in Sweden, MediaMarkt Stockholm, the build is September 2006 and it's the same, Does not work with any known region hack, however I am able to active almost all other hack, to view HDMI and system info etc.

Video/HDMI Info Page:
    Pause, 2, 4, 8, 6, 5

Factory Reset +SYSTEM INFORMATION Page
    go to setup/Video/TV aspect/16:9
    and press 1, 3, 9, 7, 1, 3, 9, ENTER
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now, I did some futher research on this DVD player, and LG support (sweden) says that I should talk to the store were i purchased the player and that they can make it region free, but when i did they have no idea, and they dont reply on my support mail :-S

I then contacted another store and they quickly replied me that they had problems to make this model region free and If I had bought it from them I could return it and have my money back.

However, LG support still claims that the store shall contact them to have the unlock codes
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have one of these players and was very frustrated that I couldn't get none of the listed hacks to work...my machine is Sept 2006, so it has the new firmware which stops these hacks working...but fear not...At last after lots of reading and seaching I know have a hack that works...and here it is...

First you have to download linked file called "LG36868.IMG"

http://rapidshare.com/files/14530611/Zoran.zip.html

1. Then you have to burn this file to a blank CD

2. After burning, insert the CD into the DVD player and press play

3. Then the region management menu will be shown.

4. Input “0” to make it multi-region and then press the “pause” key by Remote Control.

And there you have it, one multi-region LG DNX190UH

Wish I could take credit for this but I just found it on another forum so thanks to those guys.

Good luck to all that use it...and if you have a problem downloading the file let me know and I'll mail it to to....

Cheers

8)
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any Chance you can mail me the file if you still have it please, I dont seem to be able to get the download

Many thanks in advance

Mark
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, you don't have to download the LG36868.IMG from anywhere.
    You can just create any file (using Notepad forexample) on your computer. Make sure the file is not empty.
    Rename the file to LG36868.IMG

Copy the file onto a blank CD, and put into your DVD-player! Region menu appears!!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow, Thanks for the info mattiaspe.

I now have multi region sorted.

Also, Thanks to SX200 for the mail, Didnt see it till after id done the cd. Thanks though

Thanks again
    Mark
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thankyou SX200 very much. i have been trying all the hacks i found on different website without luck but your hack has worked pr=erfectly.
    so as SX200 says, to make LG190UH multiregion First you have to download linked file called "LG36868.IMG"

http://rapidshare.com/files/14530611/Zoran.zip.html

this is a zip file. unzip it and save the LG36868.IMG in any folder. this is actually an image file. now follow the instructions below.

1. Then you have to burn this file to a blank CD

2. After burning, insert the CD into the DVD player and press play

3. Then the region management menu will appear.

4. Input “0” to make it multi-region and then press the “pause” key by Remote Control.

And there you have it, one multi-region LG DNX190UH
    Quote Quote