VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i got a problem with my samsung ht-q20 dvd home theater. i recorded some dvds on my computer but it is not possible to show these dvds on my samsung dvd player. the systems says :"play prohibited".

can someone help me? what is the cause of the problem? on my pc the dvds runs without problems....

thanks from germany
    Quote Quote  
  2. Can these DVDs play on other DVD players ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes, the dvds are playable on other players!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    its not disc senistive its the css if you open an iso or image file and copy it to the hard drive then re burn with nero recode it will work on the ht-q systems no probs hope this helps.
    i have two samsung dvd players one high def and the htq system the high def isnt as fussy as the htq system its the firmware they have used in the htq that makes it fussy about the css i have used the recode method with no problems at all as nero recode removes all the css and makes it playable on the htq systems im hoping that they will do a firmware update that may fix this annoying problem but until then the way i have used will help for the mean time.

or
    you can also try using dvdshrink that seems to have worked from what i have seen.
    Also dvd decrypter and use the region free and remove puos (from the tools section) seems to have worked for me this morning.
    hope this helps you these methods are working fine for me on my ht-q 20
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi buyu,

thanks for your advice, after recoding with nero the player accepted all dvds!

i hope that they update the firmware, if you have an firmware update it would be nice if you will remember me and my problem!

thanks and greetings to london!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    your very welcome and yes when i find a decent firmware i will let you know asap
    all the best to germany
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi all i am new here and have just bought the same home theatre system

the chap in the shop gave me all the normal speel yeah m8 it plays erm all no worries GRRRRRRRR still can't deide weaher to take it back or not

sad thing is i like the look of it

if there is a firmaware update plse let us know m8
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    actually there is a firmware update, once done, everything is sorted out, it plays any type of dvd's and the sound is more crisper

http://www.samsung.com/in/support/download/supportDown.do?group=mp3audiovideo&type=hom...ia_cd=03031700
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no ive got same problem will not play any dvd's not even original , you can get 1 or 2 to work now and again if you keep opening and closing , or turning off and on a good few times.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by blobster View Post
    no ive got same problem will not play any dvd's not even original , you can get 1 or 2 to work now and again if you keep opening and closing , or turning off and on a good few times.
    Your Samsung ht-q20 is doing this?
    This discussion/thread is 5 years old...your Samsung is probably dying of old age.
    Quote Quote