VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I have one DVD* and it's impossible to copy content into my PC. I can only copy first files (ifo...) including VTS_01_1.vob but VTS_01_2 always shows "Data error (cyclic redundacy check)".

Individually I can only copy VTS_01_1 and VTS_01_5 (last)

Solution?

*Video8 -> DVD with Sony DVDirect VCR-MC1 (tinyurl.com/ylsb3x)
    I cannot create this DVD again, not this year.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You didn't say what you were using to copy the DVD, but DVD Decrypter can be set to ignore most errors. ISOBuster is another program to use for corrupted files. I'm assuming the disc is in good shape, no scratches, etc. CRC errors are usually caused by a damaged file.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by redwudz
    You didn't say what you were using to copy the DVD
    I just copy and paste files. I did the same with 12 DVDs. No software.

My DVD disc is perfect (no scratches), I saw all 1 hour video with my DVD player. But one pc-laptop can't read anything and the other pc-laptop did copy 2 VTS_.vob before error.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I copy using DVD FAB Decrypter and can copy a disc that can not even be browsed using win explorer. Like Redwudz said CRC mean file is damage. It can due to media (like bad sector in Hard disk) that can not be seen by naked eye. Copy operation seem more sensitive to this but you may play this disc just fine because some DVD player will just ignore it as long as it is not very bad. Give DVD Fab Decrypter a try.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I did it with both. DVD Decrypter* and DVDFab Decrypter**.

Finally I copied the second file (VTS_01_2)*. But I have 02_3 and 01_4 with the problem.

I don't know if there is an option to jump those errors and continues copying.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Fab is mostly for removing copy protection. Your problem sounds like a corrupted file if it's not a commercial disc. Some of the newer DVD copy protections give CRC errors also.

In DVD Decrypter>Settings>I/O, you can set the amount of read error retries to a higher number. ISOBuster may be a little better for this. It should read around the corrupted parts, but you may not be able to recover it all. Sometimes using a different DVD reader may help, if you have one available. I believe there are a couple of other programs that might do even better, but I can't remember their names at the moment. Maybe another member can come up with them.

A DVD with minor errors will play fine in a lot of players, but when you copy digital material, it has to have zero errors or you can get the CRC error.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ouch

I hate those CRC errors! Especially when I'm away from my PC and I hear the loud error sound.

I've used CDCheck with some success in the past for this. Try it.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  8. ISOBuster didn't work

I'll wait until next year I can have Sony DVDirect again.

Thank you all

Regards,
    J. Alberto
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello frend

i have same error like you (I/O errror), i use ISOBuster to copy

and its work!!

i replace error with zero

thanks..
    Quote Quote